Program Assistant: Eurasia
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks a
full-time entry-level professional to work with its Eurasia team in a
dynamic, fast-paced organization that promotes democracy worldwide. The
position offers a window into the field of international development
work, with challenging opportunities for those wishing to explore a
career in the expanding realm of international relations. This position
supports NDI programs in Ukraine and other Eurasian countries as
The Program Assistant provides administrative and programmatic
support to the regional team by performing the duties listed below.
Position is available immediately.
- Contribute to program administration and support through budget
drafting and tracking, oral and written reporting, and participation in
planning and evaluation discussions;
- Gather reports from various news sources in the region;
- Assist with administrative tasks such as photocopying, burning cds,
preparing presentations, faxing, and managing guest lists for external
- Plan and organize events for visiting politicians and government officials;
- Prepare program briefing materials for NDI trainers and field representatives as necessary;
- Research non-US donors and gather information on application procedures;
- Collate information from weekly field reports and begin organizing for inclusion in donor reports; and
- Attend workshops, lectures and other events within and outside of NDI.
- Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in International Relations, Political Science or a related field;
- Interest in/knowledge of political issues and history of Eurasia required, knowledge of regional language(s) highly desirable;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Efficiency and organization skills;
- Able to work independently and as part of a group;
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously; and
- Computer knowledge skills, including Google platform, Excel and the Internet.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
No phone calls please.
Non-U.S. citizens applying for internships and entry level positions
based in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require
Closing date: 19 Dec 2015
To apply, please visit NDI’s website at HERE
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status or any other characteristic protected by