Organization: St. Andrew’s Refugee Services
Closing date: Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
Founded in 1979, St Andrew’s Refugee Services (StARS) is a refugee
service provider in central Cairo that works to enhance the quality of
life for refugees through three program areas: adult and children’s
education, legal, and psychosocial services. We provide high-quality
services meeting the unaddressed needs of refugees, and we provide a
safe and inclusive space for displaced people to come together as a
community. We work for and with refugees to make rights recognition a
StARS’ mission is to provide is a safe, inclusive, and supportive
environment for refugees in which they can exercise their rights, pursue
their aspirations, and live in dignity. StARS’ vision is to enhance the
quality of life of refugees in Egypt and make their rights a reality
through client-centered programs.
Position: Programs, Monitoring, and Evaluation (PME) Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Executive Director, the PME Officer will support the
development and implementation of StARS monitoring and evaluation
(M&E) systems, program reporting, agency strategic planning, and the
identification and development of funding applications. The PME Officer
will maintain the agency M&E Plan (logical framework approach),
provide advice to programs on the M&E system, and provide support
and guidance on developing and using M&E Tools. StARS programs are
dynamic and must respond quickly to shifting community needs and
available resources. The M&E system should be flexible to reflect
this dynamic environment.
All duties are carried out under the supervision of the Executive Director.
M&E System, M&E Plan, Reporting Indicators, and M&E Tools
- In consultation with Executive Director and Program Directors,
review and revise as appropriate M&E strategy for StARS programming.
- In consultation with program staff and management, maintain the
StARS M&E Plan (logical framework approach). This includes
developing or adjusting the M&E plan program theories and indicators
for new programs, expanding programs or as programs change. Ensure
M&E systems allow for timely reporting both internally and
externally and for timely decision making.
- Provide training, support, and guidance to program staff on
developing and maintaining the M&E plan and M&E system. Support
learning-to-action to systematically analyze data for programmatic use,
and to document and incorporate lessons learned into program design and
- Improve quality and coherence of M&E by assisting and
supporting the development, regular review, and monitoring of M&E
strategies and plans.
- As needed, provide support to program staff on reporting
requirements, including reporting indicators, data integrity, data
analysis, and data management.
- Maintain indicators matrix for all internal and external reporting.
Develop summary reports for programs based on progress on indicators.
- As needed, provide support to program staff on developing and using
M&E tools including questionnaires, assessments, focus group
discussions, and pre and post tests.
- As needed, complete data entry and data analysis, and develop
reports on results from M&E tools used by programs. Maintain
accurate records on data collection and analysis.
StARS Strategic Plan
- Monitor progress on StARS’ strategic plan. Communicate with management and staff on progress.
- Co-facilitate staff and/or management workshop sessions on the strategic plan.
- Provide six monthly reports on progress on the strategic plan.
Funding Applications and Reporting.
- Assist the Executive Director in the identification of funding opportunities.
- Provide support in the drafting of funding applications.
- Assist in drafting reports to funders.
- Assist the Executive in managing relationships with funders.
Qualifications and characteristics of the ideal candidate:
Experience developing or using an M&E plan, particularly
results framework or logical framework approaches, including developing
program theories and indicators.
- Experience using M&E tools for qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Experience reporting to donors on and developing performance indicators.
- Familiarity with principles and current approaches to M&E.
- Competence using Excel for data analysis. Experience using other database systems or data analysis systems an asset.
- Experience in making successful funding applications and in maintaining relationships with donors.
- Past volunteer or work experience with low budget non-profits or community based organizations an asset.
- Experience working with refugees or other vulnerable populations preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written English. Fluency in Arabic an advantage.
- Good communication skills and flexibility to work with diverse programs.
- Relevant academic degree and/or training in fundamentals of monitoring and evaluation.
- Work history demonstrating a commitment to professionalism,
effective communication skills, and the ability to work with a
- Capacity to work both independently and within a team.
The PME Officer is expected to be at work for 40 hours per week.
Hours: 8 hours/day, 5 days/week (Sunday – Thursday), and other hours (weekends and evenings) as required.
Salary: EGP 5000-7000/month, dependent upon experience (plus EGP 100 monthly medical allowance and EGP 50 pension contribution).
Benefits: All StARS official benefit policies as stipulated in StARS Policies and Procedures Guidelines.
Closing date: 17 December 2015, Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Anticipated starting date: Immediate
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “PME Officer” by 17 December 2015. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.