Water For People (WFP) is an unconventional,
progressive nonprofit organization that believes that the global water
and sanitation crisis can be solved with boldness, ambition, honesty and
transparency. We are an organization of field workers who have grown
tired of the stale rhetoric and complacent programming that dominates
the sector. We are looking for new ways to transform lives around the
world through innovative approaches that lead to lasting and meaningful
WFP is currently recruiting for the position of Business Development Assistant, Donor Engagement
to support a comprehensive and integrated stewardship and donor
relations program. This position reports to the Senior Business
Development Manager, Donor Engagement. This position is based at WFP’s
headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
The Business Development Assistant, Donor Engagement supports a
comprehensive and integrated stewardship and donor relations program
that fosters a culture of appreciation, recognition, accountability, and
ongoing engagement of Water For People’s (WFP) donors, thereby
strengthening and maintaining philanthropic support of WFP.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Execute individualized stewardship plans and strategies for each
donor as developed jointly with the Business Development donor
relationship manager (RM).
- Support RM in reaching out to donors through individual phone calls,
emails, group e-newsletters and other communications to maintain
- Consider how to help donors connect more deeply to WFP through
events, volunteer or other opportunities and enable appropriate
- Collaborate with other team members and departments to develop
additional stewardship ideas and opportunities to further engage donors.
- Collaborate with the RM for future donation requests of existing donors.
- Ensure donor proposal and reporting expectations are met by working
with RM and Senior Writer to deliver thorough written pitches and
reports on time.
- Manage internal review and execution of new donor contract and execute with donor when applicable.
- Project manage donor international visits to Water For People
program areas and support visit planning with RM and Global Programs
team to ensure a successful visit.
- Create and deliver non-standard reports to donors as requested by RM.
- Support RM during donor visits to Water For People’s headquarters
including logistical support and, if appropriate, active participation
to strengthen relationship with donor.
- Provide some administrative support to RM, including but not limited
to, meeting scheduling, meeting note taking, and Raiser’s Edge meeting
note entry when a participant in such donor interactions.
- Capture key donor information in our data management systems in a timely manner.
- Strive to improve or formalize internal processes so as to streamline donor management in a team sales environment.
- Participate in fundraising activities and events as Water For People staff representatives are needed.
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to assess relationships and individuals and identify
potential solutions and opportunities. Great listening skills are
- Highly accountable with the ability to effectively manage both the big picture and small details while executing on both.
- Must be task-oriented with an excellent sense of priority, logic and
objectivity, highly organized and capable of handling a number of
important tasks simultaneously while responding to unanticipated
- Have well-developed written, oral, interpersonal, and communication
skills, with a high level of sensitivity for professionalism, propriety
- Have the ability to manage competing priorities and make hard
decisions with an eye towards getting things done. Ability to think
strategically and problem solve.
- Have a genuine appreciation for the approach WFP takes to develop
high quality drinking water and sanitation services, accessible to all,
and sustained by strong communities, businesses, and governments.
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that
own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these
standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Possess cultural competency, empathy, and integrity. These qualities
are critically important to be able to engage the wide range of
stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience is required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in relationship management or working across multiple teams, preferred.
- Experience tracking the details of multiple projects in parallel.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
- Oral and written Spanish proficiency preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time domestically and internationally to developing countries, where travel is rugged.
- Normal office environment.
- This is a full-time position based at WFP Headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list
of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the
Contact and Further Information: If you are both
qualified and WFP interests you, please send us your resume and cover
letter that introduces you to us, and provides insights into both your
experiences and how you are the ideal candidate for this position. Also,
please let us know how you heard about this position. Resumes and cover
letters can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; please put the job title in the subject line. Please no phone calls or in person inquiries.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2015
This position will remain open until filled.
This is a full time, exempt position with a comprehensive benefits
package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with level of
WFP cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Great perks of working at our cool office space which is located at I-25 and Broadway:
- Free parking
- We are right off of a light rail stop
- Food Trucks outside the office daily
- Dog Friendly Workplace