EoI Number: IHP2016-001
ISEAN Administration Officer (AO) under the “Strengthening community systems to reduce vulnerability to and impact of HIV infection on MSM and TG in Insular Southeast Asia”.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Islands of Southeast Asia Network on Male and Transgender Sexual Health (ISEAN) and the Humanist Institute for Co-operation with Developing Countries (Hivos) jointly implemented the ISEAN Hivos Program supported by Global Fund Round 10. This program has the main goal of reducing the risks, vulnerability and impact of HIV and AIDS on the lives of MSM and transgender people in Island Southeast Asian Nations. It intends to address critical gaps in supporting and scaling up activities that reduce HIV/AIDS among MSMs and TGs in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Timor Leste. Hivos, as the Principal Recipient of the grant under the ISEAN-Hivos Program Global Fund Round 10 anticipates its extension period of implementation from October, 2016 to December, 2017.
In this regard, ISEAN is seeking applications for ISEAN Administration Officer (AO) that will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
As the ISEAN Administration Officer (AO), you will be working under the direct supervision of the ISEAN Executive Director (ED) and in close collaboration with the ISEAN Regional Board members, other secretariat staff and partners.
You will be responsible for following activities:
- Manage the office logistics, including the procurement, utilization and maintenance of office equipment, assets, office supplies and services in accordance with ISEAN quality procedures, the standard operational guidelines in this IMO, and donor procedures;
- Monitor the sub-contracting of goods and services, including ensuring that contracts are sent to partner organizations and tracking contracts to be signed and returned;
- Arrange, coordinate and take minutes of internal ISEAN meetings;
- Arrange logistics and administration for program meetings and workshops;
- Plan and coordinate appointments for the Executive Director and coordinate the overall office agenda;
- Organize and prepare logistic requirements for local and international official travel for ISEAN Board and Secretariat staff;
- Provide administrative, logistical and contact support for incoming visitors/guests of the ISEAN;
- Ensure proper implementation of personnel policies for ISEAN Secretariat staff, including maintaining personnel files and administering training, recruitment and leave;
- Prepare contracts for new staff in coordination with the Executive Director;
- Prepare project approval documents for approval by the Network Coordinator;
- Develop and maintain ISEAN Secretariat office property list/inventory;
- Ensure that program-related payments are made/received on time and appropriate confirmations are received/sent;
- Register receipt of financial reports and coordinate distribution of such reports;
- Monitor program administration and ensure that effective administration and information support services are in place to facilitate project management and communication with partner organizations;
- Ensure proper filing of program-related documentation and correspondence in both electronic and hard copy form; and
- Ensure that the correct and most recent versions of the ISEAN quality system and the IMO are available in the office and are being used by ISEAN Secretariat staff.
- An Indonesian national or permanent resident.
- Education: A formal diploma or university degree in any related fields, preferably in administration or management, development studies or management studies, or equivalent competency would be considered helpful.
- Up-to-date with administrative issues of Indonesia (contracts, laws).
- Language: Demonstrated high proficiency in English reading, writing and speaking ability. Native speaker of a ISEAN language is compulsory (Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Filipino, Tetum, Chinese or Tamil)
- Experience: Relevant professional or personal experience in administration and human resources. Familiarity with Global Fund processes and procedures an advantage.
- Skills: Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. High level of community connectivity (understand the dynamic of communities of MSM and transgender people).
- Self-motivated, outgoing personality and a passion for communities of MSM and transgender people.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter (Title: ISEAN AO) accompanied by full resume stating details of educational qualifications and working experience, before 23.10.2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ISEAN encourages those who are under the age of 35 and identity as either gay, men who have sex with men, transgender or PLHIV to apply.