MONTROSE is an international development project management and consultancy company providing support to clients operating in the developing world. Specialised in the sectors of health, education, rural livelihoods and private sector development, our clients include bilateral and multilateral development agencies, the private sector, Non-Governmental Organisations and other development stakeholders. Montrose designs and implements bespoke programs for a range of clients across Africa and Asia-Pacific. Currently Montrose’s Asia-Pacific office is implementing a range of projects including social investment programs for private sector clients, a multi-country open data program and numerous evaluations in health and education sectors.
Montrose is seeking a full time Project Manager to be based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (PNG), to manage the design and implementation of a one-year literacy and livelihoods training program to be carried out in Port Moresby, as well as provide business development support and representation for Montrose in PNG. The position is initially 14 months in duration but could be extended depending on opportunities that arise.
The successful candidate for this position will have a minimum of 10 years’ project management experience, ideally with experience in managing education/training programmes and working in PNG, be able to work independently with virtual oversight support, demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills, initiative, creativity and flexibility.
The Literacy and Livelihoods Training Project seeks to increase the employability of disadvantaged urban youth. The project will establish and implement a classroom-based training program designed to train approximately 500 youth in the areas of adult literacy and numeracy, financial literacy, and skills for livelihoods and entry-level employment. This training will be conducted over a one-year period in the calendar year 2017.
A curriculum will be designed and delivered by a team of experienced trainers. The project management team will be responsible for ensuring high quality and timely delivery of the training program, monitoring and review of progress, and updating of curriculum as appropriate throughout the project. The project management team will submit a series of deliverables including training materials and progress reports. A final evaluation of the project will also be undertaken. A local partner will be engaged to provide the training venue and to provide administrative and logical support.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Support the development of training curriculum and monitoring system
- Design media and promotional materials
- Coordinate and implement Training of Trainers prior to start of training program
- Liaise with and supervise the local partner in planning and delivery of administrative and logistical support
- Monitor implementation of training
- Monitor and manage project work plan and budget
- Draft progress reports and identify improvements for training program
- Manage team of technical consultants including trainers
- Collect and analyse data from training and undertake post-training evaluation
- Liaise with client and key stakeholders
In addition to these project-specific responsibilities, the Project Manager will also:
- Support Montrose’s Regional Director (Asia-Pacific) in the identification of opportunities for new business in PNG
- Undertake research of opportunities in core identified sectors
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders in country and attend meetings/workshops on behalf of Montrose
- Support the delivery of other projects and/or technical work on behalf of Montrose
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ten years’ work experience in project management of development projects
- Experience working in project management in PNG or similar environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision, excellent problem solving skills, initiative and creative thinking
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Experience designing and/or delivering training/education projects
- Experience managing consultants and liaising with client representatives
- Prior experience in Port Moresby and understanding of the PNG working environment
- Working proficiency in Tok Pisin
HOW TO APPLY:
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit a detailed CV together with a covering letter explaining how you are suited for the position at email@example.com by Thursday 20 October 2016.