Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with c15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Contract length: Two Years
The purpose of this post is to provide a leadership role in the planning, implementation and management of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) and integrated health (IH) projects of SCI with focus on Health and DRR – DPRK Programme. The position will involve provision of managerial and technical support as well as identification of appropriate intervention strategies and methodologies to achieve greater impact to children in DPRK, contributing to the global objectives of Save the Children International.
The purpose of the Health Manager is to provide technical and managerial leadership in programme development, planning, implementation, monitoring and management of health programme to improve maternal, newborn and child health in DPRK. The post is also responsible to ensure mainstreaming DRR into health programme/projects and provide technical support for addressing health and nutrition issues while implementing DRR and other integrated development projects in DPRK.
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences/Social Work or environmental health
- Medical degree with Master in Public Health with experience in MNCH programming and DRR
- Five years’ experience working with NGO in planning, implementation and management of WASH projects
- Experienced in proposal development, budget management and report writing
- Experienced working with local partners in implementing WASH/DRR & HEALTH project activities
- Good technical background in civil engineering and Community-Led Total Sanitation and Participatory Approach
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, especially in a highly sensitive situation
- High level of flexibility to work with a small team in which capacity is limited
- Experience working overseas in developing countries.
- Experience in conducting training both theoretical and practical matters
- Experience of working in harsh conditions, both geographical and climatic and often in isolated areas for long periods
- Previous Save the Children job experience
- Experience in working through interpreters
- Knowledge of internet network and IT equipment
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply in English using your CV and cover letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
Closing Date: 01 November 2016
HOW TO APPLY: