Cluster Development Expert
Closing date: 15 Nov 2016
Title: Cluster Development Expert
Start of Project: January 2017
Duration: 6 months
Eligible nationalities: Available to all, but recommended if Egyptian
Project: Developing Clusters National Strategy
- Give professional consulting and advice in the formulation and development of a National Cluster Strategy for Egypt, for the period 2017-2030 especially in the aspect of MSME development.
- Give advice and recommendations to the overall MSME legal and regulatory context in Egypt
- Involving key stakeholders in the process, including government entities, local government entities, beneficiaries, and others.
- Reviewing the literature and doing a diagnostic analysis of the current situation through recent studies on sectors of growth in Egypt, MSME development and others
- Validating the draft strategy with the Social Fund for Development.
Results to be achieved by contractor:
- R1. SMEs Development “Clusters National Strategy” aimed at boosting economic inclusive growth and contributing to decent job creation by fostering SME and entrepreneurship development in Egypt. It should be implemented in a comprehensive way that could be monitored and evaluated efficiently. This will be in line with the Egyptian Sustainable Development Strategy 2017-2030.
- R2. Produce recommendations for a solid Coordination and Monitoring Mechanism for the implementation of the strategy.
- R3. Proposal of a solid coordination mechanism to ensure a coordinated approach for the implementation of the strategy
- These deliverables will be addressed to several Egyptian Ministries including the Egyptian Ministry of Trade and the Ministry of Finance and their stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills:
- Holder of postgraduate academic degree in business administration, economics or relevant discipline.
- Excellent interpersonal/ facilitation skills needed to communicate with cluster stakeholders
- Proficiency in English written and spoke, knowledge of Arabic language is a asset
- Excellent computer and report writing skills
General professional experience:
- Extensive background and experience in clusters development (minimum 8 years). Experience within the Egyptian context or in countries with similar context is an assent.
- Sound knowledge of Clusters strategy development/ implementation, and policy making processes and cluster context
- Work experience in donor agencies/ projects as well as experience with clusters support organizations
- Experience in the Region
Specific professional experience:
- Experience in conducting clusters diagnostic studies and implementing cluster development programs.
- Sound background and experience in improving business linkages and provision of support to enhance clusters competitiveness.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your detailed CV to email@example.com indicating in the subject line the title of the post.