India HIV/AIDS Alliance
invites talented professionals to consider joining our team
State Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
(Location – Hyderabad)
India HIV/AIDS Alliance (Alliance India) is a diverse partnership that brings together committed organisations and communities to support sustained responses to HIV in India. Complementing the Indian national programme, we work through capacity building, knowledge sharing, technical support and advocacy. Through our network of partners, we support the delivery of effective, innovative, community-based HIV programmes to key populations affected by the epidemic.
Alliance India works through NGO and CBO partners to support efforts that have a sustainable impact on HIV. We place communities at the center and work to ensure that vulnerable and marginalised people are meaningfully involved in all aspects of our response, including sex workers, men who have sex with men (MSM), transgenders, injecting drug users (IDUs) and people living with HIV. Our programming and policy efforts are driven by evidence of what works; quality and accountability are core priorities in our interventions, technical support and grant management.
Summary of responsibilities:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be will be primarily responsible for managing the programme evaluation and analysis of the project in the State. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for providing programmatic, technical and organisational development support to the SSR , Sub Sub Recipients of the Vihaan programme in the region/states support programme evaluations and analysis and provide feedback on programming.
- Support the implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation plans of Vihaan with SSR.
- To ensure timely submission of Monthly & Quarterly report to PR.
- Collection and analysis of data from SSR and ensure the quality and authenticity of the data.
- Contribute to the implementation of effective monitoring, review and evaluation strategies and activities for programmes against agreed project deliverables
- Maintain up to date accurate records on MIS data and programme indicators at all levels.
- Support the compilation of information, including workshop reports, quarterly and annual reports and review and re-planning reports.
- Support the development of tools and resources for use by SR and state level partners in monitoring.
- Support the implementation of online CMIS for the Vihaan programme at the SSR level.
- Prepare MIS data analysis and provide feedback to SSR to enhance the quality of programmes.
- Support SSR in systems and procedures to ensure donor compliance.
- Conduct programme evaluation and prepare strategic documents/reports and disseminate the learning through appropriate forums.
- Support assessment processes within Vihaan Project in the State/Region to develop M&E capacity building plans for needs identified.
- Provide support to the delivery of capacity building programmes for SSR.
- Assist in managing any relevant external technical support that may be required for the SSR .
- Monitor, review and evaluate the progress and impact of capacity building programmes.
- Support the Programme manager in the compilation of information from attendance at external monitoring and evaluation initiatives.
- To do periodic Site visits for monitoring of project records at SSR level.
- To train the community staffs on data collection tools through methodologies best suited for them
- Undertake periodic data analysis of target vs achievement and submit to SR and SSR team to understand the present gaps in the program and to facilitate the programme planning to bridge the gaps
- Liaisoning with SACS, DAPCU and other development partners in coordination and data sharing.
- In consultation with the Programme Manager, represent SR in appropriate state and district level forums.
- Strictly follow the organisational work plan and individual activity plan and proactively contribute to the success of the organisation, ensuring adherence to quality and timeliness of the deliverables.
- Uphold the mission/vision and values of Alliance India and to work within its equal opportunities framework, demonstrating the behaviours and competencies as appropriate for the position.
- Degree in Economics, Statistics, Population Studies (Demography), public health or development field (or equivalent)
- 3 to 4 years of relevant monitoring and evaluation experience in the health or development sector at the State level.
- At least 2 years working in HIV programmes, including experience working with PLHIV and other marginalised groups will be preferred.
- Working knowledge in analytical software packages (SPSS/ STATA) will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of project management
- Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently
- Ability and willingness to undertake extensive travel; primarily within the State
- Fluent in English and Telugu
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of partnerships, principles of NGO support and/or donor environment
- Good understanding of development issues and the HIV epidemic in the project area.
- A good understanding of legal and ethical issues around HIV/AIDS and sensitive towards issues of PLHIV
The position requires a strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and sexual and reproductive health and NGO activities in India, and a strong interest in and understanding the relevant issues.
Alliance India is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are welcomed and encouraged from people most affected and living with HIV and from those affected by the epidemic, including members of the community served by this programme.
As a matter of policy, Alliance India operates rigorous recruitment and selection procedures and checks.
Compensation package will commensurate with qualification and experience and will be in accordance with our pay structure for the state-level positions. Interested candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to submit their application along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please indicate the title of the post applied for on the subject line of your e-mail.
India HIV/AIDS Alliance
6 Community Centre, Zamrudpur, Kailash Colony Extension, New Delhi – 110 048
Tel: (011) 4536 7700
Closing date for receipt of complete applications: 30th November 2016
Interested candidates are urged to apply immediately, as due to the urgency of the requirement, interviews are likely to be initiated with promising candidates even before the closing date.
Please note that we will not be able to notify all applicants. Only short listed candidates will be notified about the interview date.