Under the direct supervision of community health coordinator and community health field coordinator, the position will be responsible to the realization of Emergency Health program in the field (North Syria). Responsibilities include participation in implementation, monitoring, ensuring training of the staff and community health workers according to the needs, communicating with support department, ensure beneficiary satisfaction, staff accountability on standards of services, timely, accurate and complete reporting, documentation and reporting of the program’s activities, as well as supporting community health field coordinator in his regular tasks and in supervision of community health supervisors and community health data entry and community health workers, contributing to overall health program, its appropriateness and quality.
- In accordance with established policies and procedures and in coordination, the Community Health outreach officer will responsible on part of the implementation of the community health project directly in the assigned area at North Syria and providing needed and appropriate linkages between field level and the remotely project management.
- Support community health field coordinator in regular monitoring tasks, collate data and prepare weekly and monthly reports on activities to the community health coordinator or Health Manager as needed.
- Support community health coordinator in regular communicating with support teams and preparing and follow needed purchase requests regarding community health project’s needs.
- Compile data and submit reports as per schedule.
- Help in developing health, hygiene and education messages ensuring that information included is accurate, salient and culturally sensitive.
- Help in identifying prevalent epidemic diseases in the community then help in implementing suggestion strategies for interventions in case of epidemics and other health emergencies.
- Assist to promote and encourage community participation in and ownership of health and nutrition activities at the community level
- Help in establish community mapping, to bullied needed links with other services through referral mechanisms.
- Encourage the participation of community members throughout health and nutrition promotion activities.
- Help in anticipate changing needs and regular needs and emergencies, communicating to management team
- Work with CHWs and support teams on timely procurement and delivery of required commodities.
- Support community health field coordinator in planning and conducting awareness group sessions for men.
- Support the systematic delivery of Health and Nutrition education messages to the community.
- Support community health field coordinator in planning and implementing community health activities and community health workers’ trainings.
- Maintain database of CHWs activities, areas of coverage, contact information, training topics, pre/post test scores, health referrals and reporting schedules
People (Staff Management)
- Help in Identify capacity building needs and help in organize refresher trainings as needed.
- Accompany community health team in their activities on a regular basis.
- Assist in recruitment process for CHWs.
Internal Contacts: Health Care Coordinators and Officers, Community Health Coordinators, M&E Coordinator, Finance, Admin, Procurement and Logistics teams.
External Contacts: Local partner and NGOs
Education, Experience & Training:
- A University degree preferred in Health Sciences fields.
- At least 1 years of experience in health programs or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Experience in project implementation and support of emergency and relief programs.
- Previous experience with supporting health and nutrition awareness programming (IYCF and Reproductive Health Counselling, Hygiene promotion) is strongly recommended.
- Skilled in, and committed to, community participation/interaction
- Proven commitment to humanitarian and accountability principals and knowledgeable of quality assurance system.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Familiarity with the Syrian conflictual context
- Strong analytical skills
- Arabic native speaker and fluent in English (speaking and reporting).
- Team player.
- Strong communications skills (written & verbal).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle multi tasks at the same time.
- Advanced Computer skills & MS office.
- The work Nature:
- Duty Station:
- Syria Idlib -Turkey Gaziantep.
APPLY ONLINE HERE – Closing Date: 10 December 2016