Bread for the World – Protestant Development Service is looking for:
Psychosocial Advisor (Matadi, DR Congo)
Église du Christ au Congo is the union of Protestant denominations in the Democratic Republic of the Con-go and is organised into eleven provinces.
The Département Femme et Famille (DFF) of the province Kongo Central is responsible for women and children. DFF is based at Matadi with 15 permanent employees and 35 people on project basis.
DFF is engaged in four fields of work: vocational training and psychosocial support of disadvantaged chil-dren and youth; community work concerning rural development, gender equality or health care; leader-ship empowerment of women; consultation of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
DFF is motivated to enhance its psychosocial support services and approaches. The professional will be responsible to strengthen the psychosocial competencies of all team members across all four fields of work. Focus will be however the programme for disadvantaged children and youth.
Tasks of the professional will be:
- Adapting and contextualising psychosocial interventions and methods
- Supporting, training and supervising counsellors and other team members
- Offering counselling for children and youth
- Refining existing psychosocial programmes
- Networking with different stakeholders at regional and national level
- Citizenship of EU member state
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Psychology, Social Sciences, Education or related disciplines
- Training in counselling, mediation or psychotherapy
- At least 3-5 years experience of working with children and youth
- Excellent command of French
- High degree of cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively
Bread for the World – Protestant Development Service offers the chance that professionals can make their contribution towards a sustainable development which benefits the local population through a mutually respectful knowledge transfer and exchange of experience. We offer:
- Individual preparation (approx. three months in Germany and Europe)
- 3 years contract with benefits according to the German Development Worker Act
- Financial start-up grant after return to home country
This job position is part of the Civil Peace Service which is a programme funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
You are interested?
Please send your CV + cover letter till December 31st to firstname.lastname@example.org. (job account number: 27199)
Bread for the World – Protestant Development Service
Evangelisches Werk für Diakonie und Entwicklung e.V.