INFORMATION COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
Closing date: 30 Dec 2016
Cambodian Children’s Trust (CCT) is a secular, non-profit Cambodian NGO with a holistic range of programs and services that enable vulnerable children in Battambang to break free from the intergenerational cycle of poverty, while promoting family preservation and reintegration.
CCT has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic professional with strong management skills to oversee the implementation of Stage 3 of our ICT Literacy Program. We have a great working environment with people who will support you; a project that will motivate you; and an atmosphere that will allow further development of your skills.
CCT has recently received funding to expand our ICT Literacy Program into public high schools in the Battambang province. The overall goal of the program is to embed ICT literacy programs into the Cambodian national high school curriculum, as well as offering opportunities for further and more advanced ICT skill development. This will ensure that children have access to education and training to shape the future workforce, plus the crucial skills they need to keep up with the rest of the world and break free from the cycle of poverty.
There are five key objectives for Stage 3:
- Develop Grade 7 and 8 content and curriculum (plus, advanced modules) for Cambodian public high schools, and positive learning outcomes are achieved;
- Teacher training curriculum is delivered to at least one teacher training facility, public school teachers are trained in technology to improve teaching methods, and specialised teachers are trained to deliver the ICT curriculum;  liaise with the Cambodian Government to write ICT curriculum;
- Expand into other high schools; and
- Test ICT model in locations outside of Battambang and remote from CCT.
- Overseeing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the project in target high schools, and assuming primary responsibility for team deliverables (including: schedule, scope and resources).
- Coordinating and supervising monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities and reporting for project partners and funding agencies.
- Managing project financial resources (for example: reviewing project budgets, expenditures and operational targets).
- Responding to emerging issues and developing strategies to mitigate risks.
- Recruiting, supervising and training team members to ensure correct implementation of the curriculum and positive student engagement.
- Writing and responding to all reporting requirements (including: the creation of data analytic measures on results, status reports and recommendations).
- Building relationships and partnerships with school directors, local authorities and the Cambodian Government to assist in the implementation of the ICT project.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Project management, ICT or education experience, with relevant qualifications.
- Minimum of three years project management experience, demonstrating the ability to meet targets within budget and timeframes.
- Significant experience and proven ability to drive large scale projects and programs with strong collaboration and leadership.
- Experience working/managing ICT or educational projects (highly desirable).
- Financial planning, budgeting and human resources management experience.
- Ability to monitor, evaluate and report progress to key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to build relationships with diverse groups of people and maintain effective working relations at all levels within and outside CCT.
- Solutions-focused and proactive attitude when working independently or within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and flexibility to drive system improvements, and is accountable for seeing tasks through to completion.
Send cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line: ICT Project Manager. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as CVs are received, so please send through your application as soon as possible.
Position: Information Communications Technology (ICT) Project Manager
Project: ICT Literacy Program
Reports to: CCT Operations Director
Works closely with: CCT Directors, ICT staff, school directors, Government, educational experts
Location: Battambang, Cambodia (with frequent travel to Phnom Penh)
Duration: 12 months
Work type: Fulltime