Business Development Manager
Business Development Full-time Madrid, Spain
Change.org is the world’s largest technology platform for social change. Our goal is to empower people everywhere to start campaigns around the issues they care about, mobilize others, and work with decision makers to drive solutions.
We’re also an innovative business – a “social enterprise” and a certified B Corporation, with a business model designed to support positive social impact
Over 170 million people have started and signed petitions, and our users win nearly one victory per hour, including strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; ending the ban on gay Boy Scouts in the United States, and big wins for women’s rights in India.
We love serving our incredible users, and we love our staff too. We show it with very competitive salaries, five weeks of vacation, robust maternity and parental leave, an amazing culture, free language training (if you want it), and a high impact, low-ego team that can’t wait to learn from you and teach you what they know.
We are currently looking for a high-energy, driven Business Development Manager based in our Madrid office. This person should have knowledge of the nonprofit space. You will be a strong contributor to a team of smart, ambitious sales professionals, committed to our social mission and focused on serving our user base and clients. You will be responsible for building and growing a diverse portfolio of mission-driven clients, and making sure that they have an excellent customer experience. You will be responsible for growing business by identifying new opportunities, services and solutions.
Here is what you will do as part of our team:
- Develop and manage relationships with mission-driven clients, which include digital agencies and nonprofits.
- Consistently hit quarterly sales goals.
- Identify key opportunities and areas for growth by presenting new solutions and products.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that you will continue to enhance the company’s performance.
- Plan strategically and develop the new pipeline of business coming into the company.
- Build our brand and represent Change.org at external and networking events.
- Bring a positive and collaborative attitude to the office and to interaction with our global sales team.
- Use metrics and data to drive sales activity, while maintaining a consultative, relationship-driven approach to interactions with prospects and clients.
- Work with the Product team to ensure that product development roadmaps meet the needs of the Spain region.
And here are the skills & experience we hope you have:
- Experience managing and closing complex sales-cycles in an online environment.
- Knowledge, relationships and experience in the field of digital engagement and nonprofit fundraising.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced, team environment.
- A deep knowledge of nonprofit sector and digital environmental, trends and potential new business opportunities.
- Track record of over-achieving quota in past positions.
- University degree required, or equivalent practical experience.
- Account management experience.
This is a full-time opportunity. The position is located in Madrid.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We are working for a world where no one is powerless, and where creating change is a part of everyday life. We’re just getting started, and we hope you’ll join us.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
Closing Date: 11 January 2017