Starting date: 10-Dec-2016
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
Libya is experiencing significant political conflict, insecurity and economic challenges five years after the 17 February 2011 Revolution. The overall environment is characterized by deep political polarization, increased institutional uncertainty, continuous violence and growing threat of terrorism.
In accordance with its mandate, UNSMIL has been actively engaged in efforts to mediate a peaceful resolution to Libya’s political and institutional crisis and bring an end to the armed conflict. After the 17 December signature of the Libyan Political Agreement (LPA), the formation of the Government of National Accord (GNA) is an important step towards restoring state institutions in Libya and create the environment and opportunity to reinvigorate the process of Libya’s democratic transition.
UNDP is providing substantive and logistical support to UNSMIL to widen the support to the LPA and provide technical assistance to the GNA.
Libya is at a critical junction in its development process. International technical support and development funds have been secured from multiple countries, and a variety of development projects have been proposed at all administrative levels.
The PC’s Media & Communications Office has now requested UNDP’s support to recruit Translators to provide urgently needed translation services to the office as part of broader efforts to improve government communications quality and outreach.
The overall objective of the consultancy will be to support the PC’s Media & Communications Office with timely and accurate translation services to facilitate improved government communications.
- Producing accurate translation of English text to Arabic and Arabic text to English and conduct simultaneous translation as required. Content accuracy of media statements, speeches etc includes detailed comparison of content, facts and figures and making sure there are no omissions from the source; translations, captions under photographs, lists etc; accurate, exact and agreed translation of government agencies and titles
- Ensuring Arabic language excellence and proofreading, including excellent Arabic language, vocabulary, syntax, expression and grammar as well as all relevant terminology
- Ensuring quality check and proofreading of translation; ensuring that no typographical or other errors are left in the final text
- The translation submitted to the Media & Communication Department is the property of the government and cannot be submitted, distributed to or used by any other party, unless arranged otherwise
- The translator will work within the fast-moving media environment and is therefore required to meet agreed deadlines and be available to support the Director of the Communication & Media Department for comments and corrections in a timely fashion.
- Under the overall guidance of the Director of the PC’s Media & Communications Office provide
- Up to 2,500 words of translation in ONE working day
- Up to 2,500- 5,000 words in TWO working days
- Up to 5,000 – 7,500 words in THREE working days
- For every 2,500 words an additional working day
- Under the overall guidance of the Director of the PC’s Media and Communications Office provide live translation during press conferences, speeches, statements and other meetings as required
- Between 30,000 – 45,000 words of translation on a monthly basis
- Between 30,000 – 45,000 words of translation within each month