The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German public-benefit federal enterprise. GIZ works worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including renewable energy in South East Asia and ASEAN. GIZ supports the introduction and deployment of Renewable Energy (RE) and Energy Efficiency and Conservation (EE&C) in the partner region through methodological approach, technical and financial competence and enable partner organizations to move towards a sustainable energy supply using their own potential.
The ASEAN-German Energy Programme (AGEP) is commissioned by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented jointly by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH and the ASEAN Centre for Energy (ACE). The overall objective of the AGEP is to support ASEAN Member States (AMS) in regional coordination for the promotion of RE and EE&C through various measures such as improving framework conditions for implementation of RE and EE&C, improve regional technical exchange between relevant institutions / actors. AGEP is a follow-up project of the ongoing project Renewable Energy Support Programme for ASEAN (ASEAN-RESP) and covers RE and EE&C activities. AGEP is based at ACE office in Jakarta, Indonesia.
GIZ is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
Advisor on Energy Efficiency & Conservation
- Provide recommendation on technology, policy and financing on various measures on EE&C sectors such as buildings, industries, residential, commercial, etc. in regional and national context
- Developing policies on energy efficient technologies and energy conservation strategies and financing mechanisms/models
- Dissemination of knowledge to various target groups viz. policy makers, industries, commercial, residential sectors, financing institutions, etc.
- Drafting, evaluating and analyzing techno-economics, financial and technical specifications feasibility studies/energy audit, tender documents for sectors such as building, appliances, etc.
- Undertaking site visits/energy audits and recommending on various measures including integration of RE technology in building sectors
- Liaising with stakeholders such as end-users, contractors, associations/organizations, NGOs, community groups, etc. Attend regional meetings and events representing GIZ/ACE
- Assist in preparing, maintaining and updating database on developments in EE&C legislation, initiatives and technologies within the region and globally
The Job Holder performs the following tasks, but is not limited to:
Project Implementation & Related Activities
- Assist in the implementation of AGEP work-plan, activities and indicators;
- Support in the organization, preparation and implementation of events such as focus group discussions, workshops, training, seminars, etc. in coordination with partners and stakeholders;
- Support in general project management activities such as project planning, concept development and preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation.
Coordination and Cooperation within AGEP and Stakeholders
- Coordinates project activities in consultation with the Principal Advisor;
- Actively coordinate and synergies with other GIZ programs in the region and as required;
- Cooperate and coordinate with ACE and other stakeholders;
- Communicates and liaise with donor programs/agencies active in the field of EE;
- Compile and build data base with relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Support general project management e.g. preparation of working documents/proposals/concept note/etc., impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting, etc.
Knowledge management of AGEP Project
- Actively support in developing policies and technical documents e.g. concept note, guidelines, procedures, terms of reference, dissemination material;
- Analyze and prepare documents/presentations on policy, technology relevant to ASEAN Member States (AMS);
- Update the database on local and GIZ online DMS.
Other duties / additional tasks;
- Subject to discussions with the GIZ Principal Advisor, additional tasks and other duties may be allocated to the Advisor.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Master degree in Engineering/Science (or equivalent) in energy engineering, electrical engineering, engineering management, environmental sciences/ management, or relevant fields
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia and capable of writing and editing
- Effective communication and presentation skills; to mixed stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate in-depth overview and understanding of the energy market (EE & RE) and situation in ASEAN and globally
- Knowledge of Energy/Building Management System and financing mechanism will be an added advantage
- Experience working at regional level on technology, policy and financing
- Good team player with interpersonal and organizational skills; possess confidence and takes initiative proactively
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Willingness to travel frequently on official business.
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expected Joining Date: a.s.a.p
Direct Supervisor: Principal Advisor of AGEP
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must) in English, addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 13 December 2016.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: AGEP – Advisor EE&C
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.