Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for a Grant Manager position based in Manila, Philippines.The Grant Manager will plan and implement the rollout of grants in Asia Pacific National Offices/projects. He/she will help assure accountability and oversight for all bilateral and multilateral grants finances in Asia Pacific Offices.This role will work within the Area structure to ensure capacity building and training of staff in Asia Pacific offices to ensure proper management and compliance with grant requirements, grant financial reporting, grant audit and monitoring, and facilitate a zero ‘administrative-findings & questioned-cost’ status in the Area.
- Monitor grant compliance and set up grant management system in the Area.
- Work closely with area and national offices staff on grant management issues in the area.
- Develop policies, procedures, and tools to manage multilateral and bilateral grants according to donor requirements.
- Review grants proposals and budgets to ensure appropriate costs are included and to determine the level of financial support and capacity needed for implementation.
- Ensure accountability and compliance for bilateral and multilateral grants in the area.
- Oversee the grant reporting in the Area to ensure compliance with approved policies and procedures including allocations and allowances.
- Track expenses vs. budgets and advise management about possible over/under expenditure and ways of solving the problem including budget revisions and (no) cost extensions if needed.
- Design and develop grant management database and filing system.
- Design and develop grant monitoring systems which will provide timely and periodic reports to grantors and which will be able to identify problems that grantees are encountering in implementing their grant activities.
- Perform a full range of consultative, advisory, monitoring, information gathering, evaluation and analysis in grant management area.
- Act as the point person in the area with HQ and donor agency on issues related to grant management.
- Assist, train and monitor implementation in Offices.
- Prepare training and resource materials and provide training related to grant management to Area and National Office staff.
- Ensure all grant handling staffs are properly trained on grant requirements for programs they are working on.
- Coordinate with NO audit functions, regional finance functions and HFHI GCDR group to assure there is follow-up and implementation of grant audit recommendations.
- Work on initiatives to address most frequent audit findings and accountability issues related to USAID and other grants.
- Ensure that the project grants are executed in a timely manner and in accordance with the grant agreement.
HOW TO APPLY: