Finance Assistant (E1 National)
Based in Jakarta, Indonesia
Fixed Term contract with national benefits
OXFAM who are we?
OXFAM INTERNATIONAL VISION:
Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally.
OXFAM INTERNATIONAL OBJECTIVE:
Humanitarian Assistance: By 2019, supported by the international community and humanitarian organizations, local state institutions and civil society in the most crisis prone/affected countries are able and willing to deliver high quality, impartial and independent assistance to those in need
Resilience: By 2019, resilience to disasters and conflict is strengthened in high risk countries, through improved disaster preparedness and risk reduction, and building the capacity of civil society groups and communities, in particular women, to manage shocks, stresses and address root causes of conflict.
Women’s rights: By 2019 the different impact of conflict and disasters on men and women, and their differing needs, are recognized and addressed by duty bearers and humanitarian organizations, leading to greater gender justice and respect for women’s rights in crisis affected countries.
Vision for Indonesia
Oxfam Indonesia has the vision that people in Indonesia will live equitably and free from injustice of poverty, enjoy their rights, and are resilient in times of disasters.
Goal for Oxfam in Indonesia
By 2020, 2.5 million women and men in Indonesia are empowered to overcome poverty, vulnerability and inequality.
Be part of a dynamic working environment. We are recruiting Finance Assistant with a real commitment to gender equality and International aid and development background. This post will be based in Jakarta for fixed term contract 12 months with possible extension.
To assist the Finance Manager and Finance Officer with the financial management of Oxfam Indonesia office. S/he will directly report to Finance Officer OGB.
- To assist the Finance Officer with financial management of the area programme.
- Oversee the finance operations this includes: payment; maintenance of cash and bank books; production of timely management information; verify cheque payment process.
- Provide management with a statement of expenditure against budget on all programmes on a regular basis that will assist project planning and delivery. Assist with the transactional and reporting aspects of the financial management systems of the relief programme.
- Responsible and check HELIOS system of Purchase Invoice (PI) and assets control.
To be responsible to manage cash and bank transaction (office and programme), prepare paper work including writing cheques & electronic banking entries & forms and ensure correct authorization level is attained.
Balance Sheet Account Management
To review & follow up of all outstanding Balance Sheet Accounts on regular basis.
To be responsible to enter the financial transaction into Oxfam computerize financial packages and ensure it accurate and meet deadline and running trial balance.
To be responsible to reconcile the Balance Sheet Account as well Medical levy and ensuring it accurate and meet deadline.
- To assist the Finance Officer to produce various management report.
- To be responsible of Indonesia monthly top up request.
- To be responsible for updating VAT logbook and assist the Finance officer in monitoring it and contact person in charge on Tax matters.
- To assist the Finance Officer in monitoring and contact to the project partners on financial matters.
- To be responsible for maintaining Oxfam internal financial information package and paperwork.
- To ensure flow of information to correct place/person
- To be responsible of financial documentation and filling system (paper and electronic)
To assist the Finance Officer in the preparation of various budgets.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum 3 years experience in finance management position.
- Education: minimum diploma level certification or proven extensive work training.
- Minimum of two year’s work experience in finance.
- Training and work experience in accounting and the management finance is an advantage.
- Written and spoken fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office and email).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, sense of responsibility and initiative.
- A strong commitment to Gender, Diversity issues, Equal Opportunities and capacity building.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please apply by send your complete application to email@example.com and mention the code of the position title on the subject of the email
The closing date: December 23rd, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage women and people with disability to apply promotes equality and diversity
Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
Oxfam GB is a member of Oxfam International and a company limited by guarantee registered in England No. 612172.
Registered office: Oxfam House, John Smith Drive, Cowley, Oxford, OX4 2JY.
A registered charity in England and Wales (no 202918) and Scotland (SC 039042)