- Agrarian Change Research Project (to 2018)
- Nutrition and Trees in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Regional Comparative Study. With funding from DfID, 2013–2017: Ethiopia, Uganda, Zambia, Cameroon and Burkina Faso.
- Bushmeat Research Initiative
- DEVCO Forests and Fish (Central Africa) 2017–2020
- From Growing Food to Growing Cash: Understanding the Drivers of Food Choice in the Context of Rapid Agrarian Change in Indonesia 2016–2018.
Summary of responsibilities
- Assist with analysis of dietary data from existing operational projects and initiatives
- Provide methodological guidance on the incorporation of different aspects of nutrition into future research projects
- Contribute to greater visibility of CIFOR’s research within the nutrition community
- Liaise with other CRPs, e.g. A4NH, livestock and fish, plus others
- Provide training to Center and CRP-wide staff on nutrition and diet research methods and ethics
- Contribute to the development of new projects and strategic direction for work on forests and food security and nutrition.
- PhD in a discipline related to the field: nutrition, health, etc.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in collaborative research
- Publications record especially in peer-reviewed publications
- Track record in resource mobilization/fund-raising and in proposal development/writing
- Fluent in spoken and written English, fluency in another international language, particularly French, would be an advantage
Personal attributes and competencies
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, experience in working with multicultural and multidisciplinary research teams
- Facilitation and teambuilding abilities
- An understanding of the value of sharing information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
Terms and Conditions
- This is an internationally recruited staff (IRS) position. CIFOR offers competitive remuneration in USD, commensurate with skills and experience.
- The appointment is for 2 years, inclusive of a 9-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
- The duty station will be at CIFOR HQ in Bogor, Indonesia.
- The application deadline is 3 March 2017.
- We will acknowledge all applications, but will only contact short-listed candidates.
To apply, please visit our career site at CLICK HERE