- Maintain project financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile project expenditures, payments, statements and other data as required;
- Check all project financial/progress reports, verify the accuracy of calculations and the completeness of supporting documents, initiate correspondence to verify data, answers queries;
- Prepare travel authorization form for project staff and input the claims in the system;
- Calculate and compile cost estimates and projected budget requirements and assist in the preparation of project budget, budget revisions/budget rephrasing;
- Responsible for procurement process, i.e. project supplies and equipment’s. Arrange for control of distribution and establish/maintain appropriate inventory records;
- Prepare Letters of Agreement, Service contracts and external collaborator contracts for approval of the Office;
- Check and verify financial reports submitted by the project implementing agencies and/or project partners;
- Provide administrative/logistic support for capacity building, meetings, seminars and/or workshop and prepare and ensure accurate Statement of Expenditures of the events, and also mission of national and international consultants;
- Organize meetings, project activities/events and project missions as indicated in the project implementation plan and under the guidance of the Project Manager;
- Prepare routine project correspondence including supporting documents to contracts and reports adhering to ILO requirements;
- Maintain follow-up system, and draw attention of the supervisor to matters requiring immediate and/or personal attention;
- Maintain all other project administrative files and official records, directory of contacts and partners, including compilation of documents and different reports produced for the SEA Fisheries Project;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager.
Education – Completion of tertiary school education, supplemented by a finance/ administration diploma.
- Good knowledge of the financial and administrative principles and practices;
- Good administrative skills to provide administrative support;
- Knowledge of accounting and finance procedures and ability to maintain financial records and prepare clerical reports and statements accurately;
- Knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the use of filing systems will be considered an advantage;
- Ability to work Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail) required for work;
- Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence;
- Ability to deal with a range of staff and to respond to their queries.
- Ability to organize own work;
- Ability to take initiatives;
- Ability to work as member of a team;
- Ability to perform under pressure;
- Ability to work and communicate with all colleagues in a courteous and cooperative manner, address visitors and project partners with tact and diplomacy;
- Must demonstrate a high standard of ethical conduct (honesty, integrity and loyalty to the Organization), and a high level of commitment to his/her job;
- Must demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
Application – Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be notified. Please submit application indicating the Vacancy Announcement Number along with your CV and 3 references to: