The Center for Public Policy Transformation (Transformasi) is a non-profit organization established in 2014 with the vision promote better policy making in Indonesia. The organization’s mission is (1) promoting high quality, collaborative studies that engage government, the public and domestic and international partners, (2) strengthening active knowledge networks between national and local policymakers, scholars and communities to promote evidence-based policymaking and (3) harnessing capacity of policymakers in policy making process. Transformasi works with researchers and various partners to conduct studies, policy research, facilitate and capacity build subnational government in policy making, hosting policy dialogues in order to identify the best possible recommendations for policy makers.
Transformasi is committed to building awareness of policy makers to recognize the importance of good information to address critical issues, deepening their understanding of existing problems and using such evidence to explore alternative policy options for an improved decision making.
Transformasi is seeking a dynamic Program Director whose overall job propose is to oversee the implementation, coordination and administration of all aspect of ongoing Transfomasi programs including planning, organizing, staffing, controlling program activities, ensuring quality and effective delivery of Transformasi program. He/She will take overall responsible for all aspects of Transformasi program/project including planning, networking, organizing, staffing, leading, and ensuring program quality in accordance with the mission and the goals of organization.
The position will report to the Executive Director and work closely with Transformasi Director of Finance and Administration and Research Coordinator to carry out the mission and the goals of the organization.
Duties and responsibilities
The Program Director performs a wide range of duties, of the following
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its implementation activities in accordance with the mission and organization strategies.
- Develop new proposal to support the continuous delivery of the program.
- Develop overall program implementation and operational plan including evaluation framework to improve the program delivery.
- Develop new initiatives in collaboration with Executive Director to support the strategic direction of organization.
- Establish and maintain relation with donors, partners and various stakeholders (ministries, subnational government, academics, researcher and relevant institutions).
- In collaboration with other Executive Director and Research Coordinator, identify and develop lesson learns from project implementation into case study, policy brief, policy recommendation and other publication deem necessary to promote the work and Transformasi.
- Ensure that program activities operated within the policies and procedures of organization and comply with the donor requirement.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Coordinates with other Directors to ensure the effective and efficient program deliverable.
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records on project implementations for research and development purposes according to the objective Transformasi.
- In consultation with Executive Director, recruit, interview and select qualified program staff.
- Develop, monitoring and evaluation program system.
- Supervise program team, partners and consultants to ensure effective and efficient program delivery.
- Implement the human resource policies, procedures and practices of the organization.
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff.
- Liaise with other Department to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery.
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input, feedback and guidance.
- Monitor performance of all program staff.
- Maintain Communicate with donors and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Oversee and prepare report writing on the program for management and for donors.
- Communicate with donors as outlined in funding agreements.
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget and achieve a successful outcome.
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures up to a limit.
- Monitor project cash flow projections on a regular basis.
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards.
Education, knowledge and experience
- Minimum Master’s degree in economics, policy studies, social sciences, natural resources, other related disciplines.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge on natural resource economic or fishery are an advantage.
- Minimum 10-15 years in project management and program coordination roles in development and program implementation with experience in research, training, advocacy and communication work.
- Overseeing development projects (preferable in good governance, public policy, policy advocacy).
- Working with government organizations, particularly government officials at the provincial and district level & with team members various background, international donors and government officials.
- Knowledge in qualitative and or quantitative research in policy, socio and economic studies.
- Knowledge in comparative studies.
- Excellent in written and spoken English.
- Good computer skills with database application.
Personal Attributes and Competencies
- Competent in personal organization and priority setting, with the ability to work effectively under time pressure, tight deadline and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong leadership capacity and leading project through team.
- Strong organization and institution building skills.
- Self-initiative and capable to work independently as well as a team player.
- Understanding of government system, working mechanism and with the ability to work effectively with government officials at all levels.
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong project management skill with ability to budgeting, prioritizing, meeting deadline and achieve results through team work and multi stakeholder collaboration approach.
- Has experience working with a wide and diverse network of groups and individuals.
- Able to work in long hours and multitasking
Terms and Conditions
- Transformasi offers competitive remuneration in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR), commensurate with skills and experience.
- The position is a six month contract, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance.
- The duty station will be at Transformasi Headquarters in Jakarta (with travel to program sites)
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 30th May 2017 at the latest to:
Human Resources Department
Please indicate on the subject heading: Program Director
Only short listed candidates will be notified