Transformasi is implementing 15 months SINERGI project through a consortium together with Rajawali Foundation and Education Development Center (EDC). SINERGI is under KUNCI Initiative implemented by DAI and supported by USAID. The purpose of KUNCI project is to promote more inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The ultimate goal of this project is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
The goal of SINERGI project is to develop a better match between the job skills of poor and vulnerable youth and local labor market demand, through enhanced multi-stakeholder coordination and smarter policies. SINERGI will be implemented under two phase, the pilot period for 15 months in Central Java and the implementation period for the next 3.5 years (subject for USAID approval). The goal of the project is achieved through successful implementation of the following three Intermediate Results (IR):
- Improved national level inclusive workforce policy environment through knowledge sharing among government and private sector actors;
- Improved provincial level inclusive workforce coordination among government, training providers, youth and private sector;
- Improved vocational training that equips poor and vulnerable youth with relevant work skills.
Transformasi is seeking 2 person for Technical Officer. Technical Offier will report directly to Provincial Coordinator (PC) and will mainly be responsible to engage local key stakeholders, organize FGD/meeting/workshop/training, work closely with Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) centers, Poor and Vulnerable (P&V) youth groups, mid-level company staff and government technical.
Duties and responsibilities
Summary of responsibilities
A. Project Implementation
- Plan and organize all project activities at the provincial and district level involving stakeholders, beneficiaries, partners and internal project team.
- Organize Provincial Youth Support Committee (PYSC) meeting.
- Organize P & V youth discussion / FGD at the district & provincial level, and play role as a facilitator.
- Engage TVET administrators, P & V groups, companies and government technical units to increase their awareness, understanding and participation in PYSC.
- Support project research team and Mitra KUNCI research partners in engaging stakeholders/beneficiaries as it relates to data collection for stakeholder mapping, policy mapping, and other field research activities.
- Support Provincial Coordinator in providing technical assistance to TVET administrators for analyzing and improving the quality of TVET program.
- Facilitate coordination between PYSC members to encourage joint-program or partnership in the context of improving access of P & Y Youth to training and employment.
- Organize and monitor the implementation of joint-program involving PYSC members and targeted P&V Youth , i.e. TVET curriculum improvement, training opportunity announcement, teaching and learning improvement.
- Provide strategic recommendations for better project delivery and implementation to Provincial Coordinator.
- Facilitate Communication Officer to access to information and stakeholders for the purpose of communication and campaign activities.
- Conduct other project relevant activities assigned by Provincial Coordinator.
B. Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure the development and submission of a timely and good quality activity report to Provincial Coordinator.
- Under direction of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, conduct both quantitative and qualitative data collection that it will serve the basis for monitoring report.
- Ensure each project activity contribute to the project pre-determined indicators.
- Maintain a comprehensive and well-organized backup filling system (both hard and digital filing systems) to support monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Develop Terms of Reference and propose budget to Provincial Coordinator.
- Minimum 7 years experience working in development programs with emphasis on engament with poor and vulnerable person and youth
- Technical knowledge or familiar with labor and economic issue as well as TVET policy and program in Indonesia are prefereable
- Experience working with INGO or International circumstance is an advantage
- Experience working with community at the district level, youth groups
- Experience working with private sector, business association, government agencies and TVET administrators at the district or provincial level
- Experince in using cammera and take video recording is preferable
- Good facilitation and communication skill
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Have motorcyle license and willing to travel within the project sites frequently
- Strong ability to multi-task effectively
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Computers skills with strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good command in English, verbal and written communication skills will be an advantage
- Based in Semarang
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on 12th June at the latest to: