Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR), is a professional organization working in the field of leprosy and disability in 16 leprosy endemic countries. Each year, around 219.000 people globally are diagnosed with leprosy. Indonesia ranks number 3, with relatively high disability rates. NLR, with headquarters in Amsterdam, has been supporting projects in Indonesia since 1967. The main partner of NLR Indonesia is the Ministry of Helath (MoH) and activities are aligned to MoH policies and priorities. At provincial level, the Leprosy Control Program Technical Advisors (LCTAs) are strengthening the capacity of the provincial and districs government’s health staff to improve the quality of leprosy services. Next to supporting leprosy control, NLR Indonesia’s inclusion and disability program aims to support and advance holistic, community-based rehabilitation and sustainable inclusive development for persons with disabilities, including children with disabilities and people affected by leprosy.
Be part of a dynamic working environment, we are recruiting 2 positions, based in Jakarta for fixed term contract 12 months with possible extension.
The Program Officer is responsible to provide technical and managerial support for coordinating and monitoring of the Inclussion and Disabilities Projects to ensure its smooth implementation. The PO plays a key role in providing project management coordination to multiple partners and functions as a key interface with the partners. The PO has a primary responsibility for accuracy, and timeliness of the narrative and financial reporting of parnters, while assisting the Technical Advisors in their work in Inclusion and Dissability projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities and make overviews of quantitave information;
- Ensures proper project documentation for all Inclusion and Dissability projects;
- Coordinates with partners on financial and narrative reports; ensures timely reporting of partners;
- Identifies issues which may impact scope, quality, or delivery of project and ensures appropriate communications to project team;
- Assists TA team in the smooth management of the project, preparing Terms of Reference, and carrying out proper administration and coordination with the finance team;
- Serves as communication channel between project team and partners regarding project status and issues that need follow up;
- Assists Finance team in tracking and managing expenditures within approved budget plans and re-programming when needed;
- Supports the team in providing technical assistance to partner organizations regarding the implementation of the program during field visits and workshops;
- Report to Program Manager I&D.
- Bachelor degree in social studies, public health and other related development studies;
- Good understanding of results based management and what this entails;
- Experience in community development projects with a focus on capacity building;
- Have at least 5-year experience working in NGO and preferably on Disabbility and Inclusion;
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with various partners;
- Proven ability to develop workplans, terms of reference;
- Used to work in a dynamic and sometimes challenging environment;
- A team player and at the same time able to work independantly;
- Proven skills in the following areas: reporting, problem-solving abilities, ability to cope with pressure, mentoring skills, strong communication and networking skills.
The Communication Officer has the overall responsibility for developing internal and external communication strategies and to ensure that the strategy is carried out. The Communicaiton officer is reponsible for all communication with the media and through the website.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist program staff in producing high quality reports with a clear narrative and photographic documentation, with strong linkages with the projects;
- Develop a communication strategy and ensure all activities are carried out in a timely manner;
- Support the project teams to devise and implement public information mechanisms for awareness-raising campaigns and promotion of NLR projects and activities in Indonesia;
- Maintains effective communication with the media, writes press releases and organises press conferences;
- Respond to requests for information and act as spokesperson for NLR Indonesia;
- Produce high quality IEC materials for project activities in forms of text, audio, or visual materials in accordance to the communication strategy or as needed by the program staff;
- Revise and maintain NLR websites, facebook page, or other media and create and facilitate other communication platforms as required;
- Provide various trainings related to communication (ie. Communication techniques, ethics, writing skills, report writing, etc) internally or externally when needed.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Communications, preferably Masters;
- Excellent writing, editing and communications skills (Bahasa Indonesia) and fluency in English is required;
- Strong computer and media skills (Microsoft Office, MIS, photo editing software, multimedia development, etc.);
- High attention to detail and has an orderly approach to tasks;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and follow-up where required;
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure: the position requires an individual who is flexible, work beyond working hours when required, learns quickly and displays initiative;
- NGO experience desirable.
- Excellent communicator and Networker in local, national and international arenas with considerable experience in journalism, media, or public relations.
Compensation: competitive, based on experience
How to Apply
Please send an application letter together with an updated CV via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 23 Jul 2017, however applications will be screened immediately upon reaching the above email address. Qualified candidates will be contacted for requirement process accordingly.
NLR Indonesia values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply,regardless of religion, race, gender, sexual orientation or disability