USAID Mitra Kunci Initiative
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining excellence in technical and operational project management and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transitioning countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change.
The Mitra Kunci Initiative is a five-year, $22.8 million, USAID-funded program that will promote more inclusive economic growth by improving access to workforce and entrepreneurial skills for poor and vulnerable youth. The Mitra Kunci team will provide USAID project implementers and workforce stakeholders with technical support, connections, and platforms to help build a more robust and responsive workforce development ecosystem. In addition to management support, capacity building, and coordination, DAI’s technical assistance will include identifying, piloting, and scaling new workforce development approaches and innovations. The ultimate goal of USAID’s inclusive workforce development work is to connect 200,000 poor and vulnerable young Indonesians with learning and livelihood opportunities.
Objectives and Duties:
The Grants Officers will support the PI Manager with the documentation required to support the award of grants in support of the Mitra Kunci Initiative. They will also be responsible for supporting the PI Manager in managing the grants portfolio, including liaising with grantees, coordinating with the finance and procurement departments, and other duties as assigned. One Grants Officer will be selected from the pool of candidates.
- Update and audit grant documentation and files, including both hard copy and soft copy files in TAMIS
- Administrative duties in support of grant management, including daily sorting of paperwork, filing, photocopying documents as necessary, and scanning documents for storage
- Assist the PI Manager in reviewing applications and proposals, by locating or requesting necessary supporting documentation from potential grantees
- Maintain financial capability records for each grantee to meet USAID requirements as stated in the Mitra Kunci Grants Manual
- Provide support to the IP Manager with regards to regular monitoring and tracking of grant budgets, and compiling financial reports
- Assist in processing grantee vouchers for payment by assuring necessary documentation is included
- Maintain and update logs of grantee status reports
- Assist in the preparation and coordination of meetings or workshops with grant recipients, community organizers, or service providers associated with grants management activities
- Work with the Mitra Kunci finance department to manage grant disbursement and payments
- Work with the Mitra Kunci procurement department to compete and purchase goods and services in-kind for grantees
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent), preferably in Accounting
- At least 3 years work experience in the grants management field, preferably with USAID projects, UN agencies or NGOs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- Competency as Trainer or Facilitator
- Good technical skills in filing management system
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Fluency in English is required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
BASE OF OPERATIONS: Jakarta, Indonesia
REPORTING: The Grants Officers will report to the PI Manager.
Interested applicants are invited to send their CV to IWDP_Recruitment@DAI.com. Please send applications as soon as possible. Due date for this application is Thursday, August 10, 2017. Applicants are instructed to write “Grants Officer Application – NAME” as the Subject line of their email. We regret that we are unable to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.