Senior Technical Specialist – Governance
DAI Global, LLC seeks a Senior Technical Specialist – Governance for USAID’s Flagship Maternal and Newborn Health Activity, based in Jakarta, Indonesia. The Activity promotes the development of locally led solutions to reduce maternal and newborn mortality and extend essential health services to poorest and most vulnerable populations.
The Senior Technical Specialist -– Governance will oversee technical quality and lead field-level implementation activities to improve the transparency, accountability, and responsiveness of local governance. S/he will provide technical support across all Activity geographic areas to ensure quality coverage and consistent support to field staff, partners, and grantees. S/he will report to the Activity’s Technical Director while executing the following tasks:
- Lead all activities to strengthen the capacity of local governance, especially district health management teams and including but not limited to:  district budget development, disbursement and monitoring drafting;  access to public and private sector health services;  public-private contributions to improving local health service delivery; and  civil society and media participation in advocacy and awareness;
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Activity by drafting elements of Annual Work Plans, Annual Reports, Success Stories and other products;
- Support grant and subcontract partnerships through design of solicitations, drafting of Terms of Reference and proposals, and activity management and reporting;
- Contribute to adaptive management exercises such as collaborating, learning, and adapting events, field visits, and internal discussions;
- Liaise with and facilitate collaboration among and between national and sub-national government and non-government partners; and
- Provide capacity strengthening support to partners to ensure knowledge and skills transfer, and institutional learning.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in local governance, public policy, or related fields.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Demonstrated excellence in spoken and written English;
- USAID and health sector experience preferred;
- Experience working with government, NGOs, donors, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Ability to work in complex environments with multiple tasks, competing priorities, and short deadlines;
- Willingness to travel to the field offices throughout Indonesia.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com, not later than November 20, 2017.
Please stated the words “Senior Technical Specialist – Governance” in the subject line.