- Development and application of tools and approaches for strategic management and oversight of plantation development and operation by District Government
- Facilitation of community – company partnership
- Facilitation of multi-stakeholder working groups.
GIZ seeks a qualified Indonesian candidate for one position of Advisor for Capacity Development of District Government
- Develop and pilot a district government management system with detailed sequencing of analysis, permitting, approvals, and monitoring in Berau.
- Provide technical advice to key agencies in Berau District Government on business process improvement to support low-emission oil palm development
- Provide advice on district government policy and regulations to support low-emission oil palm development
- Liaison between the project and Berau District to support measures on low-emission oil palm development.
- Contribute to planning and implementation of all activities concerning district government capacity development on low-emission oil palm within the scope of the project.
- Develop capacity building curricula and facilitate training activities for Berau District Government, local communities and oil palm companies and other related parties in close collaboration with key implementing partners and other related international projects/programs.
- Prepare events, workshops and conferences.
- Providing professional advice to partners and cooperating with important stakeholders
- Innovation and knowledge management and communication of innovation to partners and important stakeholders
- Integrate results and experiences to improve synergy on overall activities between the project andthematically related projects implemented by GIZ in Indonesia.
- Implement all the above responsibilities with close collaboration with The Nature Conservancy (TNC) and its contractors.
- Support project planning by developing concepts and strategies, ensure implementation
- Actualize the planning continuously together with counterparts
- Take part in the formulation of project planning and facilitate synchronization between the planning and budgeting system
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments;
- Contribute to the coordination of the project works so that the objective and indicators can be achieved
- Supervise consultants and interns for the project
- Write project progress and monitoring reports.
- Represent project when needed
- Contributing to the monitoring activities and ensuring timely reporting to the principal advisor and counter parts
- Evaluate results of activities and give input/feed-back for better implementation.
2. Professional Advisory Services:
- Advise partner institution(s) on order clarification, identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, and provides technical input
- Participates in identifying needs for external support and advice, works on policy recommendations and develops a strategic approach;
- Contributes to preparing and implementing the coordination process, joint project/ program activities;
- Formulates terms of references and selects and supervises third parties in the course of carrying out project/program activities, including performance evaluation;
- Deals with the design, preparation, and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues related to the work area of Adaptation;
- Develops and organizes quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives;
- Monitors project progress and the activities, reviews reports and documents on the progress of joint programs, identifies bottlenecks and recommends alternative management options to the principal advisor;
- Responsible for seeing that the services provided by the project are aligned with the partner’s needs.
3. Networking and Cooperation:
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, relevant organizations, non-governmental agencies and individuals with other related projects to improve and maintain good working relationships;
- Travels in accordance with project requirements
- Support principal advisor in smooth partner relations.
- Communicate and channel local interest and aspirations and exchange ideas and information for the benefit of the program
4. Knowledge Management:
- compiles information and ensures knowledge transfers
- develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
- draws up reports and presentation documents
- formulates appropriate input for project reports
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Minimum Bachelor/B.S degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field
- Strong interest in promoting good governance, sustainable land use and oil palm management
- 3-6 years’ professional experience on capacity development of local government with basic knowledge on oil palm production and its link to climate change.
- Experiences in project management
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English; German knowledge would be an advantage
- Focused, proactive and positive working attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced office environment, both independently and as part of a global team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to encourage collaboration with other programs, international offices, and partners
- Aware of social and intercultural sensitivities, flexible and possess a sense of diplomacy
- Adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and able to manage multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work products
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Experience in events preparation, coordination and organization
- Experience in Communication work
Duty Station: Berau, Kalimantan