Communication Officer Green Society
Hivos Global Office seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
Vacancy Name: Communication Officer Green Society
Number of hours: 32 hours a week
Office: Global Office, The Hague
Are you driven by a desire to contribute to the transformation to a Green Society that benefits marginalized groups in society? Are you a team player, with good analytical skills and excellent social and communication skills?
Hivos Green Society programme enhances the transformation towards green societies, with a specific focus on energy and food systems. In both domains we distinguish ourselves by our focus on people and their capacities to innovate and their power to transform systems. For our food related work, we’re looking for a communication officer. As a communication officer you will mainly provide communication support to Hivos global advocacy program Sustainable Diets 4 All (SD4All), which is part of a partnership agreement with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You will work closely with the Programme Manager SD4All and the international team of communication officers and lobbyists in six countries and with communication colleagues working under our Strategic Partnership with the Dutch Government. You will actively collaborate with our consortium partner the International Institute for Environment and Development, IIED, based in the UK.
Next to supporting the SD4All program, you will be responsible for communication of the broader Hivos food portfolio.
Your role, as communication officer, will be to ensure that communication is used strategically to influence key stakeholders, contributes to enhance Hivos Food portfolio and the Sustainable Diets programme results, and strengthens the positioning and profiling of Hivos and Hivos partners.
Around 75% of your time will be spend on supporting the SD4All program. In collaboration with the SD4All Program Manager, advocacy officer and the IIED communication officer, you will develop and implement communication plans. This includes enabling your team and programme partners to communicate effectively (including capacity development of colleagues and partners), developing and disseminating communication materials, organising events, engaging with media, managing all online content including social media, developing content (text, images, videos, infographics) and – possibly- campaigns.
You will spend 25% of your time to strengthen overall communication of the Hivos food portfolio, through our website, newsletters and other corporate communication channels. You will do so in close collaboration with the Program Director Green as well as Hivos Strategy Communication and Innovation unit.
- You are a versatile communication expert with a college or university degree in communication and at least 5 years of working experience in the field of communication.
- You have affinity for Hivos’ vision and mission and are driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change. You have knowledge of and experience in the field of international development cooperation and are passionate about sustainable food.
- Track record in stakeholder communication for lobby & advocacy is an advantage.
- You are tech savvy, you have experience in online communication and in coordinating and independently executing all related activities.
- Developing/maintaining websites (with web developer)
- Developing and implementing online communication & engagement strategies
- Managing social media
- Content development/web editing.
- You are an excellent writer, in both Dutch and English (near native).
- You follow national and international news closely to anticipate political and social developments that can have an impact on the programme and Hivos overall positioning in the field of food.
- You have an independent and enterprising attitude and no 9 to 5 mentality.
What we offer:
The ability to work in a professional, internationally oriented, diverse team doing work that contributes to a free, fair and sustainable world. If you are interested in politics, international affairs and sustainability, you will have the time of your life at Hivos!
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff. Employment is offered as soon as possible for the period of one year with possible extension for a longer period. Depending on your experience your salary will be according Hivos scale 11. Travel cost compensation is in accordance with Hivos Regulations. We offer participation in the pension fund Zorg & Welzijn.
Like to apply?
Please apply before 1 December 2017. We will consider to close the procedure before this date in case we receive a lot of applications and/or have found the matching candidate before this date. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference code: 200-03