The Forest Trust
TFT (The Forest Trust) is an international fast growing non-profit organization which helps companies transform their supply chains across the world for the benefit of people and nature.
TFT is seeking an experienced and motivated professional
Based in Seattle, USA
Keen to work within a dynamic nonprofit that builds partnerships with companies, governments and civil society to drive responsible practices across international supply chains. The successful candidate will a have passion for environmental and social issues, be an outgoing relationship builder, critical thinker, pragmatic problem solver, a collaborative team player, a self-starter who can thrive in a dynamic and diverse work environment.
About The Forest Trust (TFT)
TFT currently has presence in 19 countries including Indonesia, Malaysia, China, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, India, and several locations within West Africa, Europe and the Americas. We employ 230 people worldwide and work with big and small companies, communities and producers of raw materials to create compelling cases of transformation. With an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, we work on the ground with people to create inspiring transformation stories. We focus on creating value, engage without judging and carry hope and a positive vision of the future.
What Makes Us Unique
Beyond providing advice on policy set up based on our strong technical expertise, we see the world through interactions and relationships. Operating between two worlds (NGO-Companies/Buyer-Supplier), we encourage our partners to look inside, and are not only their environmental conscience. In addition to traceability and assessments, we create and innovate solutions to the challenges companies and communities face.
What We Offer
- A unique work experience in a fast-growing and dynamic non-profit directly impacting the conservation of the environment and improvements in human rights and social equity through supply chains.
- A dynamic environment with the chance to work in a multicultural team.
- The opportunity to lead complex projects, build customer relationships and develop new business, with exposure to different tasks.
Responsibilities and Scope
- Collaborate with companies, NGO’s and internal teams to develop our approaches into clear compelling solutions that industry can adopt;
- Identify companies and commodities that present opportunities to increase our impact on responsible commodity production;
- Develop relationships with prospective members and other stakeholders;
- Create proposals, negotiate contracts and grow our Membership base in North America;
- Become a subject matter expert on our commodities, approaches to improving responsible commodities;
- Effectively represent TFT at industry events and conferences;
- Support Members and partners in supply chain analysis, mapping, and reporting;
- Develop member-related communication tools and documents;
- Communication with existing Members, including responsibility for managing Member relationships;
- Develop Member work plans collaboratively with Members and other TFT offices;
- Communication with external stakeholders as necessary for outreach and research, and to develop strong relationships with other organizations and experts;
- Support development of tools and process for our global work in palm oil.
Requirements – Candidate Profile Minimum Qualifications
- University degree or higher in in a field related to business management, the environment, sociology/anthropology or international development;
- 4-6 or more years working in or with businesses, ideally in the manufacturing, agriculture or foresty sectors touching supply chain management, procurement, quality control, environmental management, social impact or labor relations;
- Past success in fundraising, sales, marketing or relationship management;
- Good understanding and high interest in environmental, labor and social responsibility issues;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze systems and identify key issues and risks;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), especially Excel;
- Interest and motivation for TFT’s vision and mission;
- Strong ability to work within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- International work experience is an advantage;
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work autonomously;
- Commitment to client confidentiality;
- Flexibility, ability to show initiative and a positive attitude;
- Eager to continually learn and develop as part of a team;
- Knowledge of raw material, food products, agriculture and/or certification (preferred);
- Experience in business development (preferred;
- Experience in Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives (preferred);
- Experience in project management (preferred).
- Fluency in written and spoken English (other additional languages an advantage)
- Ability to work in small teams with varying workloads
- Capacity to initiate work and manage deliverables independently
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills and a friendly nature
- High levels of adaptation to a fast paced work environment
Committed to TFT values:
- Focus on action and on-the-ground results;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Open collaboration and communication;
- Respect for each other.
Working conditions / Physical effort:
- Based in Seattle, USA
- Immediate availability
- Full-time permanent position
- Expected to travel within the USA, with potential for occasional international travel
- Able to work flexible hours (outside 9-5 workday), when exceptionally required
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Successful candidates will be contacted by phone or email for an initial interview. Applications will be reviewed as they are received; interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Closing date: 02 November 2018