ThinkWell Global is a health systems development organization that is in a major growth phase. Determined to transcend the status quo, ThinkWell was founded in 2011 to provide bold, creative, and practical solutions to helping low- and middle-income countries achieve universal health coverage.
While our core area of work is health financing, we take a “whole-of-systems” approach, specializing in five practice areas that intersect with health financing: governance, human resources for health, private sector, public financial management, and research and evaluation.
ThinkWell Indonesia is in the early stages of registering as an international NGO and establishing an office in Jakarta. Once this is completed Thinkell will provide technical assistance to the government to improve access, quality and coverage of high quality services for family planning and maternal and child health.
Over the next 6 months ThinkWell will build partnerships with government agencies such as BPJS-K, MoH and university research organizations to conduct research that will inform policy and implementation of specific services under JKN.
ThinkWell’s intention is to develop a small, highly competent team in Indonesia that is flexible and responsive to our partners and to growing our portfolio of projects in Indonesia.
The main operations team is based in Washington DC, USA. All operational, financial management systems, HR systems are managed from Washington, country level offices are required to coordinate and establish the same systems to function at a local country level.
The Administration and Operations Coordinator position will be responsible all administrative functions, financial management and reporting, Human Resources and general operations support to the Country Director, the Senior Policy Analyst and other technical staff that will be recruited in the next few months.
The role will require close coordination with the operations team in Washington and work closely with the Country Director.
Reporting to: Country Director
The Operations Coordinator will undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- Manage all scheduling for partner meetings
- Prepare written communications such as drafting letters in Bahasa Indonesia as required for the administration of the country office
- Assist with translation of simple documents from English to Indonesian and vice versa
- Support staff in editing documents and presentations as required
- Assist with travel planning and logistics
- Develop a country office manual outlining processes, policies and procedures
Financial management 40%
- Supporting the establishment of corporate bank account following registration
- Ensure accurate recording of all financial transactions in ThinkWell financial management system
- Prepare online expense reports
- Develop and maintain filing system for financial documents in readiness for audits or tax reporting purposes
- Liaise with tax authorities as required
- Prepare VAT reports
- Prepare annual BAST reports
- Support Country in the preparation program budgets reviews and reports
- Prepare payroll after registration is finalized
- Manage petty cash if applicable
Office Management 10%
- The coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Country Director in establishing a suitable office
- Following establishment of office undertake all office management responsibilities to ensure a smooth running of efficient office, in relation to supplies IT, communications and administration including:
- Establish and manage contracts with utilities companies
- Purchase office equipment and computer hard and software as required
- Maintain an equipment inventory tracker
- Act as liaison between Washington, DC staff/IT vendor to manage IT equipment
Human Resources 10%
- Coordinate with Washington to manage local recruitment process of staff and consultants
- Create an HR manual based on company policy and in accordance with Labor Laws
- Prepare induction programs for new staff members
- Prepare staff contracts for sign off by Country Director
- Develop and maintain a secure confidential HR filing system
- Assist Country Director in the development of staff performance management system
- Support staff member and consultants with administrative and financing tasks
Sub Contracts and Vendors 10%
- Assist country director in the preparation and oversight of sub contracts
- Identify and manage vendors for various services for office management; administration, or legal accounting services as required
Competencies and Skills
The role requires a mid level mature individual who is competent in financial management and mid level operational functions. The individual will be a core part of a small team most of who will be located or working closely with government partners.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in administration, finance and operations
- Demonstrated ability to conduct financial management of transactions volume of up to USD 2 million /per year
- Experience of online financial management and banking systems
- Experience of keeping financial filing systems
- Knowledge and experience of HR management and recruitment
- Experience managing payroll
- Ability to draft clear communications in Bahasa Indonesian
- Good command of English, written and spoken
- Highly Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point, Adobe Suite, and Social media web platforms
- Strong skills in editing and formatting of reports and presentations, as required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with the team members and external clients
Closing Date: 30 November 2018
Apply Online Click Here