The U.S.-Indonesia Society (“USINDO”) is looking for experienced candidate to fill USINDO Country Representative position, to be based at the USINDO office in Jakarta.
The USINDO Country Representative is the Senior USINDO person in Indonesia reporting to USINDO President based in Washington D.C.
Application Deadline: October 25, 2018
- Lead and represent USINDO at events, briefings and meetings in Indonesia.
- Program and execute USINDO programs and activities in Indonesia
- Interactive support to D.C. Office
Strategy and Planning
- Develop annual strategy and program plan for USINDO Jakarta
- Strengthen USINDO’s role and capacity to play a strategic role as the non-government part of the US-Indonesia Strategic Partnership
- Communicate USINDO’s work and activities to U.S. and Indonesia government, donors, private sector and civil society.
- Provide advice and briefing to the President of USINDO and USINDO Board of Trustees and Advisors on key issues relevant to USINDO mission and activities in the Indonesia and the US
- Assist President of USINDO with contacts with government, business community and foundations.
Partnership and Building Linkages
- Maintain effective communication and liaison with key stakeholders on various USINDO programs and activities
- Establish networks and build mutually beneficial relationships with new contacts
- Maintain networks/relationship with all USINDO Board of Trustees and Advisors, and other local contact
Program and Project Management and Outreach
- Conceptualize, plan and execute public diplomacy and capacity building program, roundtables, legislative program, exchange programs, US-Indonesia university partnerships, fellowship, and seminar/talks.
- Contribute substance to USINDO’s website, social media and publications
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor program implementation and evaluate outcomes
Supervision of Office Operations, Finance and Staff
- Maintain oversight of in-country administration, financial operations, local expenses, and periodic reporting, as well as Jakarta staff recruitment, salary and contractual agreement
- Manage and supervise Jakarta office staffs ensuring the Jakarta office works efficiently and effectively
- Indonesian national
- Master’s degree, from a U.S. university is preferable but not mandatory.
- Minimum five years of experience in handling programs in Indonesia.
- Potentially available for minimum of three years
- Fluency in English and Indonesian
- Strong writing ability in English
- Knowledge of Indonesia including Indonesian personalities and institutions, Indonesian politics, education, and foreign relations
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with Indonesian and U.S. government officials and the private sector in Indonesia at all levels
- Conceptualizing and developing effective program strategy, organizing events.
- Assuming responsibility for achieving results on time
- Able to handle multiple tasks and adjust to new situations
- Able to contribute advice and judgment to decisions
- Speaking publicly when needed
- Ability to think strategically and set goals and deadlines
- Sense of responsibility for high quality and timely work
- High interpersonal communication and cross-cultural skills
- Knowledge of the U.S. higher education system, contacts/connections at U.S. universities is a plus. Contacts at Indonesian government ministries, and Indonesian private sector desirable
Salary to be determined based on qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please submit your resume, a cover letter, name and contacts of three references, salary history and expected salary, on or before the deadline of October 25, unless extended. The applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Applicants that qualify for an interview will be contacted via email or phone.
The United States-Indonesia Society (USINDO), is the premier bi-national non-governmental organization exclusively deepening United States-Indonesia relations and mutual understanding. Since its establishment in 1994, USINDO has been conducting enhancing Americans’ understanding of Indonesia, Indonesians’ knowledge of America,
deepening people to people relations of the two countries and supporting the U.S –
Indonesia Strategic Partnership. USINDO implements its mission through open forums
and discussions in each country, and through educational and legislative exchange
programs and partnerships.