inviting women from Asia Pacific countries (specifically from the
sub-regions of the Pacific, East Asia, Central Asia, South Asia and
Southeast Asia) with relevant experience and skills to apply for the
- Research and Publication Associate
- Programme Associate
The successful applicants will work with our committed Secretariat to
support a powerful network of women’s rights organisations, movements
and activists across the region.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in
Asia Pacific, committed to women’s human rights and feminist movements.
APWLD’s members are drawn from 27 countries and the Secretariat is
based in Chiang Mai, Thailand with a satellite office based in Penang,
Malaysia. If you are deeply committed to supporting feminist,
progressive movements and challenging structural inequalities, please
consider applying to join our powerful team!
Selection Criteria for Research and Publication Associate and Programme Associate
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia Pacific;
- A degree in law; social and political sciences; human rights, development, communication, or women’s studies;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in development work or women’s
human rights at the national, regional or international level.
Experience in working with grassroots women human rights defenders
and/or their network is an asset;
- Experience in desk research, legal research, qualitative and
quantitative research skills, and capacity to analyse and critique
economic, social and development policies;
- Experience and knowledge of (Feminist) Participatory Action Research
(PAR) and participatory facilitation with grassroots organisations and
their communities is an asset;
- Knowledge of project management such as programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership driven network;
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written and
demonstrated ability to write research or activity reports. Proficiency
in another language other than English is an asset;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network in a
multi-cultural environment and to develop strong professional
relationships with members and other stakeholders;
- Proficient ICT skills – familiarity in using online shared platforms such as Google Suite and Dropbox is preferred;
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
Salary range commences at THB 34,500 (equivalent of USD 1,000) per
month. Other benefits include contributions to employment pension fund;
education allowance for children, 13th month salary, housing allowance
and relocation allowances for staff required to relocate to Chiang Mai,
Thailand or Penang, Malaysia.
A probationary period of four months applies.
This is a full-time position with two-years contracts (renewable).
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- Completed Application Form (click to download)
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- A sample of written work in English, which demonstrates the
applicant’s knowledge, research and analytical skills particularly in
the area of women, law and development (e.g. an article, report, or
Please send these via email with the subject line “Application for APWLD Vacancies” to Kim Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than 22 January 2019.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.