- Opportunity to contribute to the education sector in Vanuatu
- Based in Port Vila, Vanuatu
- Duration: Full time contract until December 2020
On behalf of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Coffey is managing the delivery of support and technical assistance to the Vanuatu Ministry of Education and Training (MoET) as part of the Vanuatu Education Support Program (VESP II). We support the MoE in implementing its reform program that is focused on children across Vanuatu having better access to an inclusive, quality basic education, as well as supporting the management and allocation of education resources through evidence-based decision making.
VESP II commences in February 2019 and will help build on the Ministry’s reforms to date and support teachers and students into the senior Primary years. As part of VESP II, the Australia Awards Vanuatu (AAV) will also be supported. The collection and management of AAV M&E data (including Alumni tracer studies and surveys) will also form part of the M&E Officer’s duties.
Coffey through VESPII is seeking applications for the position of M&E Officer to join this program.
This role is reserved for Vanuatu Citizens.
The VESP II Monitoring & Evaluation Officer will work under the guidance of the Team Leader, the Communications Manager and international M&E Advisers, supporting the implementation of VESP II and the AAV M&E plans. This includes in particular the collection, management and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data that better enables attribution of outcomes.
Reporting to the M&E Adviser and the Communications and Strategic Reporting Manager, the M&E Officer will support the implementation of VESPII and the AAV M&E plans, other key responsibilities will include.
- Work with the MoET ICT team to load monitoring information into the Open Vanuatu Education Management Information System (OVEMIS)
- Establish systems and processes for collecting and storing information from across Vanuatu
- Work with PPU to acquire, clean and enter VESP II M&E data and generate reports or presentations of data for VESP II reporting
- Work in close collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Advisor
- Undertake quarterly audits of the file tree to identify any duplication and clean ups required. Encourage effective usage of the records management system for storing of program files in a systematic way to ensure consistency and currency
- Assist recording and documenting activities and achievements VESP II and the AAV programs including taking photos, writing stories and supporting the development of informative reports