REPORTS TO: Logistic and Proccurement Officer
DURATION: 1 Year
Project HOPE: Project HOPE (Health Opportunities for People
Everywhere) was founded in 1958. For more than 60 years, we have worked
in about 120 countries to build the skills of health care providers,
strengthen management capacity, and support sustainable systems to
improve access to quality health services. Our vision is a world in
which everyone has access to excellent health care.
the Program: On Friday September 28, powerful earthquakes shook
Indonesia, triggering a tsunami with ten-foot waves. The events
devastated the Indonesian island of Sulawesi, killing over 2,045 while
injuring and displacing thousands more. Homes, public buildings, roads,
bridges—destroyed. Project HOPE has responded to emergencies around the
world, tackling urgent public health challenges and empowering local
health workers with the training and tools needed to save the most
purpose of the position is to support the Yayasan Project HOPE
Indonesia – Palu Response Office operation through implementation of
efficient and effective logistics functions such as procurement
transport, warehouse management and distributions.
- Build, Lead and Manage Palu Response Logistics Management Function
- Assist the Logistics Unit to perform the procurement, distribution, and return functions.
the Palu Response Office Logistics functions and staff, undertaking
continuous in-house capacity building to ensure that a professional
supply chain advice and coordination service took place.
- Assist Palu Response Office functional managers (i.e. Warehouse and Distribution).
- Assist Logistics communication with management at Palu Response and Country offices.
- Provide input to regularly report status and progress to Logistic Coordinator.
- Prepare Palu Response Office Logistics Budget.
- Distribution and Return Planning and Support
- Assist daily internal/external warehouse and transport operations and provide Logistics support to Response Office operations.
- Prepare freight terms contract application.
- Monitor supplier compliance to shipping requirements.
- Assist in third party providers selection (if applicable) for warehousing and transport
- Coordinate vehicle management and maintenance procedures and processes to ensure cost efficient and reliable vehicle operations
Diploma III or more preferable Bachelor Degree in Management or
Administrative with a minimum of 3 years of experience performing.
- Working experience in Local NGO or international donor-funded project in Indonesia is a must.
- Hard working and attention to detail is essential.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
in Bahasa Indonesia and proficiency in written and oral English
required Fluently in English, Bahasa and the local languages
- Computer literacy particularly MS Office and Email
- Please submit your Application letter and CV in English
- Submit to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please fill the subject with this format: Position_Name
- Deadline for submission of application: 22 January 2019