Scope of Work
Evaluation Specialist for Sustainability Review of USAID/Indonesia’s Sustainable Higher Education Research Alliances (SHERA) Program
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities.
The USAID/Indonesia Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) is designed to improve the functioning and utility of USAID Mission Performance Monitoring, Evaluation and Project Planning and Design systems through a combination of targeted direct M&E implementation, expert technical assistance, formal training, and knowledge sharing and M&E collaboration support. Under MESP, MSI has been asked to conduct sustainability review of Sustainable Higher Education Research Alliances (SHERA) to assess the program successes, challenges and lessons of SHERA partnership and identify key factors of SHERA partnership to be sustained beyond the terms of current USAID support.
MSI is seeking a qualified evaluation specialist for sustainability review of SHERA in Indonesia. The purpose of this review is to inform USAID and Government of Indonesia about sustainable institutional research partnership model under the SHERA program. The evaluation specialist will serve as the Review Team Members and work under the leadership of the Team Leader and MSI for the upcoming SHERA sustainability review. The review will begin on or about January 15, 2019 and finish by the Mid of April 2019.. The anticipated level of effort for the specialist is 60 days
- Review project background materials
- Participate in the initial Team Planning Meeting
- Contribute to the development of the design of review, including the research methodology, data collection instruments and sampling plan, and workplan
- Contribute to the writing of report (draft and final), and debriefing
- Support and participate in quantitative and qualitative data collection, which may include desk review, key informant interviews, and/or focus group discussions in Jakarta, Bandung, Bogor and Yogyakarta.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data that has been collected
- Contribute to coordinating a Findings/Conclusions/Recommendations Workshop in Jakarta as well as a final workshop with USAID and Government of Indonesia officials
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader or MSI
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant field required
- At least 6 years’ of professional experience working on evaluation, research, or assessment
- Experience evaluating projects in education sector, preferably in higher education partnership topic
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation practices, including the selection of appropriate data collection methods on a question specific basis and development of a detailed data analysis plans
- Familiar with quantitative and qualitative analysis software
- Basic research skills including experience conducting structure/semi-structure interviews, focus group discussion and designing/administering survey
- Basic statistic and data analysis skills, including data visualization skills
- Experience working on evaluation/review/assessment team under donor-funded projects preferred
- Excellent writing and inter-personal communications skills
- Fluency in English language preferred
- Experience in USAID projects evaluation is an advantage
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than January 23, 2019.