Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development
organisation with a presence in over 40 countries around the globe.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is a UK based International relief. We have
been fighting poverty and injustice for 30 years, in a world in which
over three billion people still live in poverty.
Islamic Relief Worldwide in Indonesia was operational
since 2003 following the MOU signing with the Ministry of Home
Affairs. The objective of IRW in Indonesia programme is to contribute to
the social welfare of the Indonesia people and to alleviate the
suffering. The main sector for the programme include:
- Water and Sanitation
- Sustainable livelihood
- Child Welfare
- Health and Nutrition
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Climate Change
The geographical areas are Banten, NTB, Aceh and Central Sulawesi province directly implementing or through partners.
Purpose of this Position is to lead Recovery project Intervention in
WASH, Shelter, Nutrition and Food Security & Livelihood, Education
and DRR, to manage the office operation by coordinating the project
implementation, monitoring, accountability and evaluation in the Central
Reporting Line: Head of Programmes
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities and Accountabilities Strategic Management and Leadership
line management of the Country Director, supervise, coordinate and
manage the day-today operations working with the Palu team
- Implement the response strategy considering both the in-country operations and the regional dimension of the crisis
- Regularly review and adapt the response strategy in line with the context to ensure relevance and effectiveness of the response
staff and financial resources in an efficient manner to ensure maximum
impact of the operation and optimal outreach of the population in need
- Ensure that programme delivery and advocacy/policy work are aligned and complementary;
with the country office in Bangladesh and facilitate the integration of
the emergency response in their long-term programming
on active engagement with local partners in a logic of empowerment of
local agencies in line with the commitments of the CHS, Safeguarding,
protection and inclusion, PSEA, GBV, SPHERE.
communication among the team and externally to mobilize internal and
external resources to reach the objectives of the response
- Maintain an analysis of the humanitarian context and use this to inform interventions
- Ensure compliance with Islamic Relief Worldwide organizational policies, donor regulations and national laws
- Humanitarian Preparedness, Response and Programme Management Preparedness
the design and development of appropriate contingency plans, and
related preparedness and mitigation strategies, including capacity
building initiatives, to ensure Islamic Relief humanitarian mandate can
be met at all times
relevant partners have updated humanitarian contingency plans and that
key staff are trained on the same. Programme Management and Response
Islamic Relief in appropriate humanitarian fora at a local and national
level with government authorities, NGO’s, private sector and donor
agencies in consultation and coordination with the Country Director
- Maintain and further develop Islamic Relief existing network of key humanitarian contacts at national level
- Proactively engage with donor representatives and organize programme visits.
- Advanced project management skills and good understanding of the project management cycle
- Good understanding of best practices in humanitarian, livelihood and community development
- Experience with development project management tools such as log frames, monitoring and evaluation tools and budgets.
- Excellent supervision skills, including training, mentoring and supporting staff
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills, including report-writing and formal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office and other software..
- Fluency in English.
- Good understanding of Core Humanitarian Standards, Sphere and CTP for humanitarian.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Gender, PSEA, Safeguarding, Protection and Inclusion.
- – Bachelor’s
in Economy, Agriculture, Social Affair, Civil Engineer, or
International Development in with a relevant field experience in
- – of project management: Master’s in international development is an added value.
- – At least 7 years of relevant experiences working with Non-Governmental Organizations in level of Provincial Coordinator.
interest in development work with respect for confidentiality and
commitment to Islamic Relief overall aims and objectives, including
gender, equality and equal opportunities in all aspects of Islamic
Relief is a faith based-non government organization that respects
diversity and inclusiveness. Applicants from diverse religions, gender,
race, and physical impairment are encouraged to apply.
Islamic Relief team members are expected to support all efforts towards
accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international
standards guiding international relief and development work while
actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the
design, monitoring and evaluation of our field project.
How to Apply:
Please send only your application letter and CV to the email address: email@example.com
Applications submit directly to Islamic Relief Indonesia Office will not be considered. Women are encouraged to apply.