Background: Over the past decade, Indonesia has substantially increased its spending on education and now many more millions of children are in school. There is a significant void in knowledge about what teachers in Indonesia are teaching in the classroom, what the primary constraints they face are, and how teaching quality can be more efficiently and effectively improved. The Government of Australia (GOA), through the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), is seeking to assist the Government of Indonesia (GOI) to fill this void by establishing Innovation for Indonesia’s School Children (INOVASI).
INOVASI is an ambitious four-year (with the possibility of an extension for another four), AUD 49million program. It will collaborate closely with the GOI at the district, provincial and national level to develop and implement action-oriented research and pilots to answer the broad question: “What works to improve student learning outcomes in Indonesia?” It will focus on three sub-topics of investigation: the quality of teaching in the classroom, the quality of support for teachers, and learning for all.
INOVASI is managed by Palladium on behalf of DFAT, and formally started on 18 January 2016.
Purpose of the Position: The Grants Consultant is part of the INOVASI STA Panel that may be called to provide operational support on ad-hoc basis to INOVASI team. The Grants Consultant main purpose is to advise and assist the INOVASI team in the design and development of the INOVASI Grants Manual, including grants management policies, procedures, tools and practices. The Grants Consultant may be called to support INOVASI team in grant management, monitoring grantees, and analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals, and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
Duties: Under the direction of Grants and Partnership Adviser/ Coordinator, and in coordination with INOVASI Procurement Coordinator and Finance Coordinator, the Grants Consultant will support INOVASI team to:
- Draft and develop INOVASI Grants Manual, including procedures, grants management policies, and tools
- Develop competitive grant opportunity for INOVASI program, including grantee selection criteria and grant administration methodology
- Develop grant monitoring system and support INOVASI in monitoring grantees when required including reviewing grantee reports
- Prepare documentation for grant evaluation, selection, approvals and contracting.
- Prepare grants’ agreements, and ensure required documentation are completed as per the agreement requirements
- Conduct training as needed, such as for various potential grantee organizations and internal staff, etc.
- Conduct capacity assessment or financial audits to grantee organisations when required
- Other related operational tasks or finance-related tasks as may be required by INOVASI team
Qualifications and Experience: The Grants Consultant will posses the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in overseeing procurement and grants on international development programs, including in financial management and/or accounting experience (preferred);
- Thorough understanding of IT systems, including advanced computer skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and the internet;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with accounting and non-accounting professionals;
- Demonstrated ability to promote and initiate work processes and complete given assignments with minimum supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including in a cross cultural context;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and Bahasa Indonesia.
Palladium embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and we welcome applications from all, including from female applicants and people with disability.. We aim to provide a work environment which is inclusive, supportive and safe for all of our employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. All applications should be submitted through the Palladium website. CLICK HERE
Should you experience any issues lodging an application online please contact email@example.com stating the position in the subject line.