Scope of Work
Qualitative Transcriptor for Sustainability Review of USAID/Indonesia’s Sustainable Higher Education Research Alliances (SHERA) Program
The USAID/Indonesia Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) is designed to improve the functioning and utility of USAID Mission Performance Monitoring, Evaluation and Project Planning and Design systems through a combination of targeted direct M&E implementation, expert technical assistance, formal training, and knowledge sharing and M&E collaboration support. Under MESP, MSI has been asked to conduct sustainability review of Sustainable Higher Education Research Alliances (SHERA) to assess the program successes, challenges and lessons of SHERA partnership and identify key factors of SHERA partnership to be sustained beyond the terms of current USAID support.
MSI is seeking two (2) qualitative transcriptor support to serve as part of member of SHERA assessment team and work under the leadership of the Team Leader for SHERA Sustainability review and MSI. The incumbents will support qualitative data collection by supporting transcrip taking and checking its accuracy.
The purpose of this review is to inform USAID and Government of Indonesia about sustainable institutional research partnership model under the SHERA program. The review begins in April 2019.
- Participate in the initial Team Briefing in Jakarta.
- Study and understand all instruction included in the insrument’s guide and qualitative data collection protocol
- Get familiar on methodology and procedures to carry out the qualitative (semi) transcrip or semi verbatim and report daily work progress to Team Leader
- Check material necessary to carry out the qualitative (semi) transcrip is sufficient and appropriate;
- Write down the qualitative response in an ordinate and clear way, check qualitative recording responses accurately;
- Double check and revise the qualitative (semi) transcrip in order to correct mistakes and sign off on completed qualitative (semi) transcrip as verification of the accuracy of the qualitative (semi) transcript
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Team Leader or MSI.
- A Bachelor Degree in relevant field
- At least 3 years’ professional experience working as data collection enumerator particularly qualitative methods
- Have strong knowledge and experience in data collection methods including education-related areas.
- Familiarity with qualitative data collection procedure such as interviews, phone interviews, and group discussion
- Result of transcrip documents of collected qualitative data
- Ability to take initiative and work within tight deadlines.
- Technical writing skills in English is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow organization’s regulations.
- Schedule of data collection
- Collected qualitative data/transript of key stakeholders and relevant respondent
- Audio recording file as applicable
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please send your application to IDNMESPRecruit@msiworldwide.com indicating ‘SHERA Qualitative Transcriptor’ as subject of your email no later than April 23, 2019.