The VSO Southern Africa Regional Office is currently recruiting for a
highly motivated Regional People Manager to work in our Pretoria
office. As part of the Global Business Partner team this position is a
strategic partner in driving change and transformation across the
Contribute to the development and implementation of a Global Business
Partnering Strategy, working in partnership with the Regional Director
and Country Directors to understand regional priorities.
- Develop a shared understanding and work co-operatively and
collaboratively to increase performance, deliver group and regional
objectives, influence and provide commercially focused solutions and
guidance on issues of people management.
- Review organisational effectiveness of the region and work with the
People Group team and the Regional Director to deploy solutions through a
range of organisational development interventions.
- Develop a proactive resourcing plan for key regional and senior employee vacancies.
- Measure and monitor organisational and people performance, deploying
solutions and ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting
processes are in place to facilitate feedback and continuous
The Essential requirements for this post are:
Strong generalist Human Resources expertise
- A recognised professional qualification in Human Resources Management or working towards gaining one
- Ability to understand business/organisation purpose and the role that people management can play in adding value
- Previous experience of working in a Business Partner or Human Resources Generalist role in a multi site environment
- Considerable experience managing professional and collaborative relationships with managers and employees at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build relationships, influence and gain respect across the organisation
- Knowledge and experience of Human Resource Information systems and Microsoft packages
- Service oriented, customer focused approach
- Practical experience gained within a volunteering/Non Government Organisation context
- Able to plan, juggle complex multiple priorities within restricted resources
- Commitment to VSO’s work and values
- Able to travel and work long hours, including work away from the home base for up to 30% of time
Please apply through: HERE
VSO is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
We welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
Applications for this position close on 25 July 2014.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.