conservation organization with a focus on science-based and pragmatic
particular focus on the overlap between industrial development and
with existing field projects in Jambi and South Sumatera.
Start Date : December, 2015
Duration of Contract : One year fix- term Contract, with potential to extend
Work Area : Jambi (2) & Palembang (2)
Hours of Work : Monday to Friday from 09.00 am up to 05.00 pm
Reporting to : Tiger Research and Monitoring Coordinator
Key Internal Relationships : Tiger Conservation Project Manager
Assists Tiger research and monitoring coordinator in conducting field
survey and collecting data/information in the field across Berbak –
Sembilang – Dangku Landscape.
To assist in preparing survey plan, logistic and survey equipment for survey team;
- Responsible for field works since the beginning until it is completed;
- To take the role of survey team member collecting field data as
directed by the Tiger Research and Monitoring Coordinator and Tiger
conservation Project Manager;
- Assist with the transportation and all field survey equipment maintenance;
- Make sure data is collected according to the methods and accurately
when conducting survey and recording data of wildlife, habitat, and
level of threats especially on sumatran tigers and other target animal
- Assisting when required with data input of data collected in the field;
- Other general project duties as and when required.
Establish and manage communication and coordination with other ZSL Team
and ZSL partners including NP authority and communities across
This post will be mentally demanding; often the post-holder will find
themselves in unexpected situations and be required to take quick
decisions, finding solutions and deciding upon the best strategy to
This post will require time flexibility and mostly out of office hours.
To ensure that the ZSL policy for equal opportunities is adhered to and promoted in all aspects of the post holder’s work;
- To ensure effective quality control and continuous improvement in all
aspects of the work and responsibilities attached to this post;
- Demonstrate professionalism towards handling sensitive and confidential information;
- To comply with and promote ZSL’s Health and Safety policies and
procedures and to undertake recommended Health and Safety training as
and when necessary;
- To be committed to professional self-development, through
participation in in-service training as necessary for carrying out the
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the objectives and grade of the post.
NB: This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties
that may be encountered by the post holder in this role. It is not
designed to be an exhaustive list of tasks and can be altered
accordingly in consultation with the post holder in order to reflect
changes in the job or the organisation’s requirements.
A. Qualifications & Experience
A minimum of a senior high school level or fresh graduate of a first level degree;
- Experiences Working in the forest specially peat swamp forest.
Prior have knowledge on wildlife.
C. Skills & Abilities
Able to work under any circumstances, strong prioritization skills, able to deal with both scheduled and unscheduled tasks;
- Able to work independently and in a group.
Please submit your application and curriculum vitae in English,
relevant experience, past salary history, two referees not later than
December 5, 2015, to firstname.lastname@example.org,
placing the job title in the subject line and label your CV with your
name. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
received after the deadline will not be considered.