international child focused development agency working in 33 countries to
create lasting and meaningful change in the lives of more than 10.5 million
vulnerable, deprived and excluded children, families and communities, regardless
of race, creed, gender or national origin. In Indonesia ChildFund has been
operating for 34 years since 1973, in areas where the need is the greatest and
currently reaches out to 900,000 children and family members in partnership
with 50 local NGOs spread across 8 provinces.
Indonesia is currently seeking:
contract with renewal subject to performance, however this is a potential
longer term position.
of ChildFund through a strategic communications plan that increases awareness
and support for ChildFund’s programs and advocacy initiatives in program
countries and enhances visibility and brand recognition among key target
- Develop and implement an effective communications plan consistent with the
organization’s mission, key messaging, and core outcomes.
- Contribute to the development of National
Office annual work plans and budget.
- Develop written stories, photos and videos as
per the content calendar assigned quarterly to support visibility, fundraising,
PR, advocacy, sponsor care at the international and national level.
- Contribute to the advancement of
Communications at regional and global levels by participating in monthly
regional communications Skype calls and proactively providing International Office
with ideas for content/PR/advocacy. Coordinate the annual Small Voices Big
Dreams survey and the Country Field Report.
- During emergency responses, work in close
collaboration with the National Emergency Response Team and implement a
communications plan on behalf of ChildFund’s emergency programs to governments,
UN Agencies, donors, other INGOs and the media. Produce content, prepare news
releases and ensure appropriate placement.
- Identify and seize media opportunities to
promote ChildFund’s programs. Build relationship with local and national media,
develop talking points, write news releases, prepare the spokesperson, and
provide media training to senior staff.
- Respond to and document queries by local,
national and regional/international news media in a timely and appropriate
- Act as brand champion in the National Office
to promote a unified and clear voice
for ChildFund as a leading child-focused international development
organization. Lead the process of branding of the National Office and provide
leadership to local partner organizations.
coordination with other departments at the National Office, prepare and
distribute information, communications and visibility materials (e.g.
brochures, news releases, reports) to target audiences, including government
departments, donor agencies and foundations.
- Provide necessary support in editing of
project technical reports/document.
- Support building of
capacity and strengthening capabilities or skills of relevant staff in various
functions through mentoring, training, knowledge/information exchange, experience
sharing and technical expertise.
- Manage and work with consultants, commissioned
writers and interns as needed.
- Other duties as
- 7 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated work experience in communication,
marketing, public relations, media campaigns, and not-for-profit communication.
- Clear grasp of communications strategies and
creativity in applying them to raise awareness of ChildFund’s activities and
- Extensive event organization and promotion
- Strong experience with website development and
content management systems. Ability to express technical concepts in clear,
simple language for diverse audiences, including the general public.
- Proficiency in use of social networking and
new media tools.
- Analytical skills with knowledge and good
understanding on global and national development issues.
- Proven extensive contact with editors and
journalists from media throughout local country.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-cultural
team and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent communications skills, written and
oral; fluency in English required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
including Excel, Word and Outlook. Including desktop and web-based publishing,
photo and video editing.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to
travel frequently within countries.
degree or higher required. Equivalent
relevant work experience maybe acceptable in lieu of degree.
position is opened for Indonesian national only.
for lodging applications: 21 December 2015