Job title: Green Growth Project Developer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia (with regular travel to Central and East Kalimantan)
Start date: 18 January 2016
End date: 31 December 2016
Full-time/part-time: 200 days between mid Jan 2016- mid Dec 2016
BackgroundThe Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) seeks to hire a green growth project developer to support their collaborative green growth program with the Government of Indonesia (GoI).
GGGI is an international organization founded in June 2010. GGGI is dedicated to pioneering and diffusing a new model of economic growth, known as “green growth”. This simultaneously targets key aspects of economic performance, such as poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion and those of environmental sustainability, such as mitigation of climate change and security of access to clean water. GGGI’s approach is particularly suited to developing countries because it starts from broad-based progress in living standards and growth. Since 2013, GGGI has worked in close collaboration with the Government of Indonesia in the GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program (GGP).
The Jakarta office is offering a position within a varied and dynamic team, who will play an integral role in supporting both GGGI’s national and sub-national work with the GoI. The post holder will support numerous project development activities in the energy, SEZ and forest and land use sector across the GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program. The role will involve extensive travel to Central and East Kalimantan.
Role overviewThe green growth project developer will play a central role within the GGGI Indonesia team by providing technical assistance to the GoI on feasibility of projects, policy levers to mobilize green growth projects. These include financial policies e.g incentives and risk mitigants. He/she will play an active role in building government capacity in institutionalizing green growth projects into the government’s economic development priorities and providing advice to national and subnational government partners on how green growth projects can help achieve these goals. He/she will be part of a ‘hybrid’ team in delivering quality outputs which meet high technical standards in the most effective and efficient way.
- Exceptional synthesis and strategic thinking skills to ensure the delivery of projects which can demonstrate green growth, drive and scale up green growth investments.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and green growth skills in support of pre-feasibility assessments in the energy, SEZ and forest and land use sector and broad understanding of sustainable landscape management.
- Ability to develop, apply economic assessment tools that value environmental and social costs and benefits, for example extended cost benefit analysis (eCBA) and use this in project development and policy design.
- Track record experience working with GoI in mainstreaming green growth in planning and investment in Indonesia.
- Demonstrated capacity in facilitating in-depth and effective stakeholder dialogues both internally to support each ‘hybrid’ team as well as externally and consultations on multi-disciplinary issues and across sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to garner support from a diverse range of stakeholders to the green growth projects developed.
- Flexibility, responsiveness, and ability to manage multiple activities to tight deadlines, and with demonstrated ability to lead and work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement, government relationships, and consensus building skills
- Effective and efficient operational and organisational skills – project management and project coordination experience
- Ability to communicate complex green growth related issues in a clear and simple way to a diverse audience
- Multi-cultural literacy and easily adaptable
- Actively seeks and considers diverse ideas and approaches and ability to work as part of a team and in a start-up organization. An entrepreneurial spirit is an asset as the organisation is shaping.
- Ability to deliver quality products independently with minimal supervision
- Prior experience with GGGI would be a strong asset
- Strong oral and written English is essential, fluency in Indonesian / Bahasa is highly desirable.
QualificationsApplicants must hold exemplary and relevant academic credentials, and ideally hold a post-graduate degree in a relevant subject from a leading academic institution. Preferred Individuals have substantial work experience in a relevant field in Indonesia.
- Masters degree in economics, preferably with a focus on policy related to environment and economics/financial incentives
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience, ideally with an international organization or NGOs
To submit your application please send your CV with a brief cover letter to: Gema Junita at email@example.com by Tuesday, 15th December 2015.