Palladium supports USAID Indonesia’s Country Development Cooperation
Strategy (CDCS) by rapidly leveraging specialized short- and long-term
technical assistance to USAID; USAID-funded programs; the Government of
Indonesia (GOI); and other organizations and agencies as required.
Seen as one of the foundations for economic growth and social cohesion,
Indonesia strives for the extension of social protection coverage to the
Indonesia has introduced a three-pillar social security system, namely:
Social Assistance, Compulsory Savings and Social Health Insurance.
The Law on Health Social Security Providers (No. 24/2011), elaborating
the implementation of the National Social Security System, stipulated
universal health insurance to commence in 2014. As part the GOI’s social
health insurance program (JKN – Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional), the Social
Health Insurance Provider (BPJS Kesehatan) was launched on January 1,
2014. The goal is to reach Universal Health Coverage (UHC) by 2019.
Palladium is seeking a long-term Senior Health Financing (HF) Advisor,
to work closely with USAID/Indonesia’s Office of Health and be seconded
to the National Council for Social Protection in Indonesia (DJSN – Dewan
Jaminan Sosial Nasional), while working closely with the Ministry of
Finance, Ministry of Health, Social Health Insurance Provider
(BPJS-Kesehatan), Bappenas (Planning Ministry) and the Poverty Reduction
While DJSN is tasked with overseeing the implementation of the larger
National Social Security System, the overarching aim of this assignment
is to assist in the generation of evidence to catalyze increased
domestic resource allocation for the health sector, while reducing out
of pocket payments and improving resource allocation for achieving
better population health outcomes.
The Adviser will serve as an expert resource to DJSN and as a Health
Financing Advisor to USAID. S/he will provide policy, strategic,
technical, analytical, and programmatic guidance to DJSN; other GOI
counterparts (as appropriate); USAID/Indonesia; and USAID’s Implementing
Partners (as appropriate). S/he will bring specialized health
financing, analytical and policy development skills and experience, to
be applied with a specific emphasis on ensuring financial protection for
the poorest and most vulnerable, while meeting the GOI’s stated goal of
achieving UHC by 2019.
The position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia, with some domestic travel.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Master’s degree required, PhD preferred, in health economics,
financing, or other related discipline with applicability to
international health financing programs
- At least 10 years of experience in international health financing
with demonstrated expertise in health insurance and social protection
- Demonstrated leadership skills in systems development and strategic planning
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the policy development process in
complex program environments with multiple implementing organizations
- Demonstrated experience and skills in successful collaboration with senior and high ranking public sector host-country officials
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills with proven ability in mentoring local experts
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills (oral and
written) including the ability to communicate and translate complex
technical and policy issues clearly and effectively to different
stakeholders in order to build consensus
- Excellent skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia preferred, or interest in strengthening language skills required
- Ability to conduct domestic travel
- Ability to obtain medical clearance to live and work in Indonesia
- March 23 – April 15, 2016.
- Two-year full-time contract to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
To respond to this position, please upload your resume and cover letter at Here. You can also apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the title of the position in the subject line of your email.
To view the complete job description please click HERE
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability,
sexual orientation, veteran or marital