international NGO Vredeseilanden committed to the promotion of
Sustainable Agriculture within the context of agricultural value chain
development, is now recruiting an Indonesian National for the position
programme strategies. Lead and providing technical guidance to the
programme team. Based in our Regional Office in Denpasar, Bali
- Leads the Program Section with regard to content development and field operations.
- Responsible for guiding the Value Chain Specialist on implementing
VECO’s overall Value Chain Development strategy and provides technical
guidance to field coordinators in implementing the Value Chain
- Ensure links between Value Chain Development, advocacy and consumer
awareness and integrates all components into a coherent program.
- Leads the team of advisors, program coordinators and field coordinators.
- Represents VECO to partners and deputizes for the RR.
- Supports the development of VECO’s overall programme strategies,
specifically on agriculture value chain development, and provides
technical guidance to the programme team in its implementation.
- Conceptualize and operationalize links between agriculture value
chains, advocacy and consumer components into a coherent programme.
- Provide strategic analysis and advice on inclusive business
opportunities, potential private sector partners, credit, other external
service options for farmer enterprise development in the different
value chains within the programme.
- Provide advice to the programme team and management on improvements
in agriculture value chain development within the programme and provide
input for improvements.
- In coordination with the Value Chain Specialist, support management
to take decisions by providing research/information and analysis on
value chain development as required.
- Develop and support business linkages between private companies and farmer producer organizations.
- In coordination with relevant team members such as the Value Chain
Specialist, coordinate documentation of value chain development models,
experiences and lessons learned from the programme.
Key Competencies and qualifications:
Master Degree in Agriculture, Economics, Agronomy, Marketing or Rural Development
- At least 5 years in management position and 5 years in program
function with strong focus on programme management including agriculture
- Experience in an international environment preferable in Development Cooperation
- Knowledgeable about agri-business development in Indonesia and able to
quickly collect critical information thanks to an already well
- Strong knowledge of strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation methods.
- Good understanding of integrated approaches for agriculture value chain development, advocacy and consumer behavior.
- Good understanding of gender mainstreaming concepts and its practical application.
- Good knowledge and practical experience with implementing sustainable
agricultural value chain development concept in Indonesian context.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical experience with marketing of agricultural products.
- Development of farmer based enterprises.
- Good understanding of the context and agriculture situation in Indonesia.
- Capacity development of Business Development Services.
- Has an in depth understanding of the functioning of an economic
sustainable agricultural chain from production to consumption and can
apply methods to improve professionalism in all parts of the chain.
- Can function as an agriculture value chain specialist expert and gain authority through level of expertise.
- Is creative and has a sense for innovation and experiments.
- Has an understanding and practical knowledge of methods of empowerment of individuals and groups.
- Has a global vision, is able to see problems from different angles.
- Listens actively.
- Strong team player who can persuade and inspire individuals and groups.
- Is willing to co-operate with various actors (including private sector
and government) and communicates clearly in a variety of settings and
styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Good rhetoric and negotiation skills.
- Facilitation and mediation between difference stakeholders: public, private and NGO sector, national and local level.
To maintain a good gender balance in our team we especially encourage female candidates to apply.
to: VECO Indonesia, Jl. Kerta Dalem No. 7, Sidakarya, Denpasar 80224,
Bali – Indonesia, Tel. 0361 727378, Fax: 0361 723 217, email: