Strategies partners global expertise with local leadership to make
progress against some of the world’s most difficult health challenges.
We strengthen health systems with targeted health programs, especially
in low-and middle-income countries.
Vital Strategies Communication Officer will perform a substantial
amount of liaison within Vital Strategies, its direct partners in Brazil
and with stakeholders and suppliers to ensure appropriate engagement
and support of initiatives.
Communication Officer will represent Vital Strategies and provide
on-the-ground management of both its Obesity Prevention and Road Safety
communication projects in Brazil. In addition, she/he will provide
technical assistance to our partners in Brazil on planning and
implementation social marketing campaigns. The Communication Officer
will report to Vital Strategies Associate Director Policy and
Communication, Head of Latin America Programs. Travel within Brazil and
internationally will be required. The Communication Officer will join a
global team of communication experts within Vital Strategies, requiring
some work outside of normal business hours, especially to accommodate
an international team with various time zones.
- Provide technical assistance in the
development of obesity prevention and road safety social marketing
campaigns and help with day-to-day media advocacy and communication
strategy for both projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders in Brazil
- Participate and contribute to strategic planning meetings.
- Work closely with partners on message pre-testing, creative development.
- Be involved in the production, media planning and campaign evaluation.
- Help to select and manage agencies
including production, research, media buying and PR as needed, act as a
project manager as needed.
- Represent Vital Strategies at conferences and meetings with government, partners and other stakeholders.
- Provide support and assistance on
events such as workshops, trainings, conferences, campaign launches, and
press conferences and briefings.
- Assist with drafting reports, presentations, correspondence, meeting agendas and minutes, as required.
- Write various materials including
press releases, fact sheets, website updates, as needed to provide
information about the project.
- Provide regular and timely reports on progress of activities related to the project.
- Handle administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong interest in public health and policy broadly and specifically in Brazil.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work independently and collaboratively in an international team.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, strategic thinker, initiative taker.
- Fluent speaking, reading and writing in both English and Portuguese.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office package
- Current residency in Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Health communication background.
- Salary is commensurate with education, experience and salary history.
Strategies envisions a world where every person is protected by a
strong public health system. Our team combines evidence-based
strategies with innovation to help develop sound public health policies,
manage programs efficiently, strengthen data systems, conduct research,
and design strategic communication campaigns for policy and behavior
change. Vital Strategies was formed when The Union North America and
World Lung Foundation joined forces. It is an affiliate of The
International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union).