International Center on Small Hydro Power (ICSHP) is a public and
non-profit institution directly under auspices of the United Nations
Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), China’s Ministry of Water
Resources and Ministry of Commerce. ICSHP serves as the headquarters of
the International Network on Small Hydro Power (INSHP), an international
organization with more than 400 members from 78 countries.
General description of the post
including developed and developing countries, as well as international
organizations. The fundraiser must be able to use initiative and
creative thinking to identify new sources of funding, and will
preferably have a fundraising background and knowledge of the way aid
flows to developing countries.
After identifying funding sources, the fundraiser will assist in
preparing funding applications, following donor guidelines utilizing a
structured and methodical approach. An excellent grasp of the English
language (both spoken and written) is essential for this. In the event
of an application being successful, the fundraiser will develop and
maintain contact with the donor, keeping them updated of developments,
acting as an intermediary between the donors and the project
implementers. Finally, the fundraiser will assist with the work of other
divisions as necessary.
- Identify and catalogue new sources of funding for IC-SHP projects;
Prepare funding applications according to donor guidelines, and develop and maintain contact with potential donors;
Develop and maintain a targeted approach to fundraising;
Assist with the division’s other tasks as necessary.
Degrees in business administration, international relations, communication and languages are relevant.
- Demonstrable record of receiving funds from major donors;
- An all-round understanding of the interactive relations between international organizations, banks and other institutions;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Capacity to work well with minimal supervision;
- Personal confidence, ability to work with high level officials;
- Familiar with international donor community;
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English fluency essential;
- Other foreign languages are an added asset.
Salary and Visa Information
The role here is classified as ‘voluntary’. Applications will
therefore have to apply for the “F” Business Visa generally. Here at the
ICSHP, whilst we cannot influence the outcome of any visa decision, we
do provide administrative support for your application.
The successful candidate will be provided, in return for full time hours (8.30-16.30 Monday to Friday) the following:
- Free and secure accommodation at the center with cooking facilities
- One free meal Monday to Friday
- Basic stipend to meet additional needs (3,000 RMB/month)
It is important that given the voluntary nature of the position that
any applicants have the necessary finance to purchase the flight and
obtain the “F” visa as the center does not reimburse these costs.
Length of contract is for 6 months initially (with the option to extend).
Preferred starting date: as soon as possible