Greenpeace in Southeast Asia
Greenpeace opened our first office in Southeast Asia in 2000. In that time we have led successful campaigns throughout the region, securing fresher air, cleaner water and a healthier environment through changing industry practices and government policies. Greenpeace actively campaigns across the region to catalyze an energy revolution, protect ancient forests and our oceans, create a toxics-free future and create a shift to sustainable agriculture.
Greenpeace has three offices in Southeast Asia—in Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines and each office is composed of five departments: Campaigns, Fundraising, Communications, Mass Mobilization and Organizational Support. Currently, Greenpeace has more than a 300 staff across the region, including the direct dialogue fundraisers.
THE POST: DIRECT DIALOGUE CAMPAIGNER
- Recruit Greenpeace supporters each day to raise a minimum standard of monthly pledges (no cash)
- Work for six hours per day recruiting supporters in your assigned site
- Approach supporters of the public to build a rapport
- Present information about the organization and its campaigns in a clear and correct manner
- Understand and correctly completing supporter financial information necessary for contributions
- Influence people to raise awareness, and persuade them to join
- Be punctual
- Develop a detailed understanding of the environmental issues on which Greenpeace campaign
- Attend daily trainings and role-play sessions
- Individual development in hard skill, soft skill, personality, and incorporate advice for the performance by Team Leaders and City Coordinators
- Be punctual to ensure that your team can start on time
- Provide training and feedback to team members when requested by your Team Leader or City Coordinator
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace. Please attach this to a completed application form and email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: 1 November 2016
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
GUIDANCE IN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION FORM
- Complete all items in the application form. Remember that this will be our basis for shortlisting candidates*. Curriculum Vitae (CVs) will not be accepted
- Make sure you email the form to the correct email address (email@example.com), addressed to the HR Department, and ensure that your application form arrives before the closing date. Application forms received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- If you have questions, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application letter and completed application form.
Jobs Application Desk
Greenpeace Southeast Asia – Indonesia