Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Filipino candidates for the position of:
Title: Training Coordinator (TC) and Admin Assistant
Duty Station: Metro Manila, Philippines – based
Report to: Program Director Hivos ISEAN
Coordinates with: Program Officer, Finance Officer, Grant Officer, M&E Officer, Administration Officer, SRs, IHP implementing partners, national stakeholders
Duration: December 2016 – December 2017
Roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate the planning, implementation, documentation and monitoring of the training activities of IHP;
- Develop the ISEAN-Hivos Training Plan for IHP Extension, in coordination with the PD and in collaboration with in-country Training Officers;
- In coordination with the M&E Officer and Grants Officer, review, provide feedback and approve the in-country training plans (AWPB) submitted by SR-SSRs,
- Develop, manage and maintain a training data base for the program;
- Coordinate with national/regional stakeholders to identify appropriate facilitators and resource speakers for these training programmes, and act as a training facilitator as required;
- Implement quality assurance mechanisms to assess impact of training activities and systems;
- Perform daily administrative functions at the Hivos Workplace in the Philippines;
- Assist the Program Officers of Hivos who are based in the Philippines;
- Assist in organizing various Hivos events both locally and internally, as required;
- Provide other services in relation to the Training Coordinator (TC) and Admin Assistant, as requested by the Program Director
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
Bachelors level- University Degree in Social Sciences, Development, Public Health or equivalent in a relevant field. Master’s degree is preferred.
Able to design, conduct, document and evaluate trainings specifically for grassroots communities and community-based organizations
With at least 2 years’ experience in working with Global Fund Programs, preferred, Experience in developmental organizations or international NGOs (e.g. UN system) may be considered preferably in the field of HIV-AIDS and Key Affected Populations (KAPS);
Experience in capacity building activities.
Knowledgeable is office administrative functions
Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English.
Familiarity with the issues of MSM, Transgender and HIV in the region is preferred.
Willing and able to travel regularly within the South East Asian Region
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com cc: to firstname.lastname@example.org not. later than December 1, 2016.
This is an opened position at national level, limited to the Philippines.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘Training Coordinator-Admin Assistant GF”) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.