National Researcher for Mining Programme
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organization leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Transparency International Indonesia (TI‐Indonesia) as one of the chapters focus on systemic approach to fight corruption by developing and introducing tools and instruments to prevent corruption, research and analysis, and strengthening civil society. TI‐Indonesia has been comprehensively engaging young people since 2010.
TI‐Indonesia is seeking an experienced researcher to undertake a corruption risk assessment in the awarding of mining sector permits, licenses and contracts at the national level in Indonesia. The researcher will conduct the assessment using a tool developed by Transparency International as part of a new multi stakeholder ‘Mining for Sustainable Development Programme aimed at strengthening transparency and accountability in the mining sector in 20 countries around the world.
The researcher will lead a comprehensive qualitative analysis of corruption risks based on a generic set of indicators that will need to be adapted to the national context. The assessment will involve participatory research using a range of methods including desk research, legal/policy analysis, expert interviews and focus groups. The researcher will have overall responsibility for adapting the research framework, collecting and analyzing data, engaging with relevant stakeholders and producing the final risk assessment report. The researcher is expected to work closely with the national‐level coordinator of the programme, other members of TI-Indonesia as well as external stakeholders/experts, in order to complete these tasks. The researcher is expected to work from January to August 2017.
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Relevant experience in the mining sector either professionally or in a research or academic capacity.
- Qualifications and experience in social sciences, international development or other relevant field.
- Experience in conducting qualitative and/or participatory research projects and engaging effectively with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare reports that translate research results into information for action.
- Demonstrated commitment to transparency and anti–‐corruption.
- Proven perspectives and experience with and in–‐depth understanding of people’s movement and strengthening civil society.
- Capable of against deadlines
- Excellent communication, impeccable presentation and strong networking skills
- Written and spoken English Fluently.
- Computer literate
Qualified candidates should summit, preferably via email, a Letter of Intens and CV to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is: December 10, 2016 at 12 pm (Western Indonesian Time)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. TI–‐Indonesia is an equal opportunity employer.