CARE Canada is currently seeking a Program Manager – Humanitarian Assistance, Middle East and Asia.
The Humanitarian Assistance and Emergency Team currently manages a programming portfolio of $25 – 30 million CAD annually. This is comprised of funding from Global Affairs Canada, various UN Agencies, including UNCHR, WFP, FAO and UNICEF and the Humanitarian Coalition. Under the leadership of the Senior Manager – Humanitarian Assistance, the Program Manager (PM) is responsible for managing CARE Canada’s Global Affairs Canada (GAC) funded programs in Middle East and Asia. This portfolio will consist with a mix of humanitarian and transitional programming. In terms of GAC funded programming, the PM is responsible for the day-to-day project management as well as donor relations and engagement. The PM is accountable for the successful completion of their projects, high quality implementation and timely completion of programming. The PM will be also responsible for critical engagement, advocacy and engagement with our key donors.
Because of the nature of the work, demands are fast-paced and unpredictable. This position requires an individual who is very flexible, provides expertise and leadership and who works well within a team. A strong understanding and practical experience integrating gender equality in humanitarian interventions is required as well as any additional technical skillsets (such as food security, shelter, and/or WASH). The PM must also have an understanding of the humanitarian architecture and relevant policies.
What you offer:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Humanitarian Action or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing international development projects
- Minimum of 1-year experience working overseas in a similar role or in a humanitarian assistance setting
- Experience and commitment to promoting gender equality within humanitarian work
- Experience with Global Affairs Canada regulations, including managing complex humanitarian and development Global Affairs funding
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English
- Technical proficiency in one of CARE’s focus areas (WASH, shelter, food security/nutrition, sexual and reproductive health, gender in emergencies, gender-based violence, logistics, emergency preparedness)
- Capacity to work collaboratively and in a team and cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Competency in computer-based tools and software and willingness to learn new business methodologies and tools
- Innovation, creativity and passion for CARE’s mission
What would make you extraordinary (Assets):
- A second key language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
- Master’s degree in international development or Humanitarian Action
What we offer:
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure;
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services;
- Learning and Development opportunities, and specialised training;
- Flexible work hours and a work from home policy;
- A family and dog-friendly environment;
- Free parking; transportation routes, central location which is close to popular amenities;
- Business casual four days per week, Jeans Fridays;
- Onsite BBQ and shower facilities
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are someone who thrives on challenge, loves to be part of a dynamic team and you are passionate about making a difference, then this opportunity is for you. Please apply directly at CLICK HERE before February 24th, 2017. Applications will be reviewed on a regular basis and the position will remain posted until a qualified candidate is identified.