The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development with around 16,400 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and public and private sector clients in around 130 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The GIZ Office Indonesia is seeking one qualified Indonesian candidate for the following position:
The incumbent is responsible for:
- The good impression of the office through proper telephone services and an organized waiting area;
- The daily execution of receptionist and telephone services. Maintenance of an overall good flow of incoming and outgoing communication;
- Courtesy and assistance to visitors;
- Assisting in the tasks of a specific administration expert according to his/her specific instructions;
- Support filing of documents and brochures according to GIZ regulations;
- Assist and monitoring drivers’ daily activities including the fuel consumption.
Essential function and responsibilities:
- Greet and welcome all staffs, guests and/ or visitors in a friendly and professional manners
- Answer all incoming calls and handle caller’s inquiries whenever possible
- Receive, direct and relay telephone messages and fax messages
- Dial to a destination as requested and make a record for the international calls.
- Receive, sort and deliveries the document, faxes and packages on daily basis
- Distribute incoming mails to the respective staff on daily basis
- Open the GIZ email account and distribute to the respective person on daily basis
- Maintain an adequate records of incoming-outgoing of document, faxes and packages
- Monitor delivery documents by courier (courier agents)
- Ensure guests comfort by providing necessary information (availability of staff, etc.), offering them newspapers, refreshments etc
- Tidy and maintain the receptionist area, including the availability of newspaper/ magazine and leaflet display
- Willingly to assist in the preparation of official cards and consumption during the meeting/ event.
Perform clerical duties in order to maintain office administration:
- Organize and maintain for the Distribution List and Group Email List
- Assist in the meeting rooms booking on GIZ Office Indonesia
- Assist and record in the shipment bill (courier agents) and prepare the payments
- Organize and maintain for the project’s mail box: update the existing project box, reminding the project to collect the mails and/ or sending the mails to the project outside of Jakarta.
- Receive and record the general invoice and distribute it to the person in charge
- Responsible and record the ID card for GIZ staff and visitors
- Organize and Maintain an adequate office stationery
- Monitoring completeness of vehicle log books as well as recording the code number
- Assist and monitoring drivers’ daily activities including the sheet of fuel consumption for all GIZ Office Indonesia vehicles
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Assists in and/or carries out other office activities and other tasks, as assigned.
- Assist and monitoring drivers’ daily activities.
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Minimum diploma degree from recognized clerical/administrative college;
- At least 1 -3 years of work experience in a similar position;
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet and its software)
- Good working knowledge of computer programs (e.g. MSOffice);
- Very well groomed and punctual;
- Language skills: English is a must and German would be advantage;
Duty Station: Jakarta
Expect to join: 1 March 2017
Direct Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
Interested candidates should submit a motivation letter, CV, trainings attended and list of references (a must), addressed to email@example.com. The closing date to submit the application letter is on 15 February 2017.
Please indicate your application by putting the following code in the subject line: GIZ-FO
Please name your file as follow format:
[Your Complete Name]_[Motivation Letter/CV/Latest Education Certificate]
Only short-listed candidates will be notified