Hivos Southeast Asia is an International non-governmental organization guided by humanist values. It aims at structural poverty alleviation with a strong focus on civil society building and sustainable economic development. Hivos Southeast Asia provides financial support for local NGOs, is active in networking, lobbying and exchanging knowledge and expertise. For its Hivos Southeast Asia (Hivos SEA) seeks qualified Indonesian candidates for the position of:
Title: Program Development Manager, Open Transparency & Accountability and Freedom of Expression (PDM Open TA & FoE)
Duty Station: Jakarta
Report to: Regional Director, Hivos Hub Southeast Asia.
Duration: One year, with possibility of extension.
The PDM Open TA & FoE is the head of Hivos’ regional Open team and a member of Hivos’ global Open team.
Drawing from an expert understanding of Hivos’ organisational values, its Open strategy, and Hub SEA’s strategic plan for the Open theme, s/he creates new projects and programs that address persistent challenges in regional and national level. S/he identifies and builds a network of key stakeholders from government, international organisations, civil society and the private sector, and works with them to co-create solutions.
S/he builds donor relationships and identifies funding opportunities. A successful incumbent of the role will build a diverse portfolio of innovative, high-quality projects with strong stakeholder buy-in; achieve Hub SEA funding targets and contributes towards Hivos’ sustainability; and contribute to the development of Hivos’s reputation as a thought and innovation leader on the theme of Open TA & FoE.
S/he organises internal processes for idea co-creation within the Open TA & FoE team, as well as in collaboration with the teams of other Hivos themes. The position is responsible for translating these ideas into viable solutions, and securing funding opportunities for the resulting projects.
This position also oversees/ coordinates the individual projects under Open cluster (Transparency & Accountability and Freedom of Expression) to ensure relevance with Hivos’ overall Open society goals.
The PDM Open TA & FoE leads Hub SEA’s Open TA & FoE team and is responsible for management of the team members, including the annual performance review cycle.
With the PDM Open WE & SRHR, the PDM Open TA & FoE coordinates Hub SEA’s Open Cluster. Final management responsibility for the Open Cluster rests with the Regional Director, however both PDMs are tasked with ensuring communication and information exchange within the Open Cluster, and between Hub SEA’s Green and Open Clusters.
The PDM Open TA & FoE works closely with the finance team on the design of project budgets and the ongoing financial management of major projects, and with the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (DME&L) position on project design and the planning and initialisation project phases. S/he is a member of Hub SEA’s Management Team, and works closely with the leads of other Hivos themes on strategic direction and Hub SEA’s overall financial resilience.
Roles and responsibilities
To Scan, identify and create new projects and programmes, in line with Hivos SEA’s strategy and profile and in order to achieve the objective of the Hivos strategic plan.
Fundraising/ Business Development
- To develop strategic and long term sustainability portfolio for Hub SEA, as well as smart business models and fundraising.
- To identify and access funding sources for the program and together with Global Office and programme staff, to develop and implement fundraising strategy to support a successful implementation of the program.
- To provide input and contribute program highlights for funding proposals, communication materials etc. for stakeholders and audience, both in Hub SEA and in Global Office.
- To take lead on fundraising initiative in close coordination with programme and finance departments.
- To develop business plans, conduct market research and lead prototyping activities
- To directly manage operational programmes
- To manage the Hub SEA Open TA & FoE portfolio, which includes processing funding requests, preparing all of necessary documents and administrative handlings and monitoring partners (in coordination with Project Officer).
Planning, report-writing and project coordinating
- To coordinate planning and report-writing of the Open TA & FoE cluster at Hub SEA which is in line with Hivos’ global strategy.
- To coordinate projects implementation for the Open TA & FoE cluster, ensuring consistency knowledge exchange among staff.
Representing the organization
- To be able to connect to frontrunners and (potential) game changers and to work together with them to develop innovative programmes.
- To present Hivos’ vision on Open Societies in an attractive and leading way during conferences and seminars.
Coordinating Open TA & FoE Team
- To provide input to the financial planning, budgeting, performance, capacity development and risks management of projects.
- To contribute and support to the other possible expansion and thematic programs which aims to the improvement of the organization.
- To contribute to Hub SEA overall organizational and policy development.
- To be a reliable and supportive team member to the whole team.
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (social science) at University level.
- At least five years of working experience in the field of transparency, accountability and freedom of expression or good governance.
- A strong affinity for Hivos’ mission and for social and environmental concerns and you are driven by a strong motivation to contribute to real and lasting change.
- Able to ‘think outside the box’ and connect to various actors to develop new solutions that have the ability to transform Hivos’ global Open Society programme.
- Have a convincing track-record in program development, resource mobilization and facilitating of multi-actor initiatives.
- Experience with developing smart business models is also an asset.
- Excellent – externally oriented – communication skills, both verbally and in writing in English.
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
PDM Open TA & FoE graded in Grade: 12 (from 1-12 Hivos’s SEA salary grade).
How to apply?
To apply for this position please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7th April 2017.
Please specify the position name you are applying for (‘PDM Open TA & FoE’) in the ‘subject’ line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.