- International Development Organisation
- Key role in working as part of our East Asia Regional Team
- Be a significant contributor to ending avoidable blindness
- Full-time position based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Beijing or Kunming, China; Mataram, Indonesia; Vientiane, Laos; Manila, Philippines; or Da Nang, Vietnam.
The Fred Hollows Foundation, an international NGO founded in 1992 has been a driving force in the development and implementation of blindness prevention programs in some of the poorest and most isolated regions in the world. Currently operating in 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia and South East Asia, The Foundation is working to end avoidable blindness.
Reporting to the Global Lead – Financial Controllership, the Regional Finance Controller will be accountable for overseeing financial operations and building the capacity of finance teams within the region. This is a newly created position in which you will be the first escalation point to support the country programs on financial issues and will challenge country offices in budgeting, financial reporting as well as financial performance. In particular, the role shall involve analyzing Country Team financial progress against plan and reviewing consolidated financial reports for the region ensuring accuracy and reliability of data; Reviewing and challenging Country Office budgets and forecasts to identify gaps, risks and opportunities; Implementing and monitoring internal financial controls to ensure compliance with FHF financial policies and local laws and regulations; Analysing procurement efficiencies from a financial perspective and providing technical financial input into procurement plans; and Building capacity of country finance teams with regard to financial policy, processes and procedures, financial systems and technical finance capability within region.
To be successful in this position, you will have relevant tertiary qualifications and substantive amount of relevant experience working within the international development sector or commercial organisations. You will have excellent knowledge of financial management and control bringing your skills to ensure we deliver even greater impact across the region.
Essential criteria includes;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field from a reputable academic institution
- At least 5 years’ experience managing and coordinating a finance function
- Previous experience working in a head office capacity as well as in-country
- Demonstrated financial management experience, including budgeting, system control, policy development & compliance, internal and external audit
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills to be able to develop new initiatives, identify critical issues, build capacity and standardise processes
- Ability to demonstrate strong objectivity and independence to be able to challenge stakeholders in pursuit of financial management excellence
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English and the ability to write effectively for varied purposes and audiences. This is an exciting time to join The Fred Hollows Foundation as we seek to deliver even greater impact and enhance our ability to accomplish our vision.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications should be made via our website: CLICK HERE and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Job Description.
Applications close: Friday 31st March, 2017
To be eligible to apply for this position, you must have the appropriate right to work in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Philippines or Vietnam, with the ability to travel freely throughout the Region.
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.